Need help with Vortex

John452
Go to solution Solved by Guest deleted34304850,

I just updated to Vortex from NMM and I have been trying to get it work for a few hours now but it wont sort the mods even though I have been pressing the sort button and I tried getting loot to work with Vortex but the mods don't appear and I am at my wits end it might have been a huge mistake changing to vortex.

-Vortex: I downloaded it from nexus the only version that I think exists I might be wrong

-Game: skyrim

-Number of mods: vortex says I have 51

-Problem: It won't sort the mods even though I have pressed the sort button

there I fix my question now help me PLEASE.

Guest deleted34304850

-Vortex: I downloaded it from nexus the only version that I think exists I might be wrong

still nothing of use - for example - what mods are you downloading?

before you switched mod managers, did you uninstall everything with nmm before you then added mods to vortex? if you didn't, then you should.

have you deployed the mods in vortex?

if you have deployed the mods, are the plugins for those mods enabled or disabled? if they're disabled, enable them

do you have autosort enabled on the plugins page, or is it set to autosort disabled? if it's disabled, click it and make sure it is set to enabled. then click sort now, then what happens?

the columns on the plugins page can be ordered, make sure you're sorting on load order.

what other troubleshooting have you done? this forum is full of hundreds of posts just like yours - have you read those to see if there's anything in them to aid you? (i'd be amazed if there was nothing).

MODS don't get sorted. PLUGINS get sorted.

If you're hitting SORT on the PLUGINS page and expecting the order of the MODS to change, then you're wrong.

If your plugins aren't changing, then perhaps you have the plugins Sorted by whichever COLUMN you have them sorted by

Autosort is enabled and when I click the sort button the mod plugins or whatever the crap you call them don't sorted, when I click it the only thing that happens is a circle appears on the sort button for a second and then goes away and when I boot the game a box with a big red ! appears saying unresolved conflict and bunch of other words and if loot is truly integrated in vortex then all I should have to do is install a mod hit the sort button then boot up the game instead I need a degree in programming to understand how to operate it.

Edited by John452

My mods

-Skyrim HD-2k Textures

-Alternate start- live another life

-Clothing and clutter fixes

-Dawnguard Arsenal

-DisplayEnemyLevel

-DovahBling

-Encounter Zones Unlocked

-Extended UI

-Extensible Follower Framework

-Farmers and Miners sell stock

-Floating Healthbars

-Follower Potions

-Gildergreen Regrown

-Guards Armor Replacer

-Honed Metal and it's hotfix

-Hearthfire Extended

-Immersive Armors

-Immersive Weapons

-Immersive Sounds Compendium

-Improved Hearthfire Lighting

-INI Settings for SKSE

-Leanwolfs Better-Shaped Weapons

-Mighty Magick Skyrim

-Leave me alone Brynjolf

-Lawbringer with location mods that go with it

-Lein's Re-imagining the NPCs - Female

-Lein's Re-imagining the NPCs - Male

-Map Markers Complete

-Map Markers Complete DLC

-RaceMenu

-Run For Your Lives

-SafetyLoad

-SkyUI

-ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller

-Skyrim Immersive Creatures

-Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

-Weapons and Armor Fixes

-YYAnimReplacerMysticKnight

-Zim's Immersive Artifact

-NetImmerse Override

-Skyrim -Community- Uncapper

-Feminized Level List

Autosort is enabled and when I click the sort button the mod plugins or whatever the crap you call them don't sorted, when I click it the only thing that happens is a circle appears on the sort button for a second and then goes away and when I boot the game a box with a big red ! appears saying unresolved conflict and bunch of other words and if loot is truly integrated in vortex then all I should have to do is install a mod hit the sort button then boot up the game instead I need a degree in programming to understand how to operate it.

What exactly is the message in the box?

The unresolved conflicts you refer to may be file conflicts on the mods page. When you look at the mods page, do you see any red-colored lightning icons in the Dependencies column? If so, then you have unresolved file conflicts. LOOT doesn't resolve those conflicts, because LOOT deals only with plugins. You yourself have to resolve the conflicts.

You don't need a programming degree to deal with mod file conflicts. My degrees are in philosophy and classical languages (no programming required), and I have no trouble dealing with the conflicts.

Edited by AugustaCalidia