End to Skyrim as we know it?

Moksha8088

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm starting to feel quite anxious about the upcoming update. I've set my SSE not to automatically update, but if I remember my Steam correctly, you have to set it to offline *permanently* otherwise it will detect the update and refuse to run the game until updated. (I still have awful memories of the "install" button where the "play" button should be).

I think that the reality is that the "majority" actually use mods. AE and Creation Club are pissing off a lot of people because of their greed. Let's face it!

why the f*** are they doing this

Because the benefits to the huge majority of users who don't use mods are more important than the short term problems for the mod using minority.

That "huge" majority would have let Skyrim die years ago.

I think that the reality is that the "majority" actually use mods. AE and Creation Club are pissing off a lot of people because of their greed. Let's face it!

I bet most console players are quite happy to have free stuff and free upgrades for the new consoles. And they are the majority by far.

"Permanently" only in the sense that you don't go back online after that. Once you set Steam to play offline, it won't automatically log you back online unless you click yes to their prompts, afaik.

So I just turn off the Steam shell? That's all?

I normally just use the Steam drop down menu (top left) and click "Go Offline".

It's here. Backed up and ready to go.

I'm worried the difference between this time and SE launch is Skyrim isn't quite the monolith it used to be. Still a great game we all come back to, but how many modders have left the scene permanently now? It has been so long since the initial launch and how many won't update their mods? How many will simply have to be written off. Sure its not the end, but it sure as heck is a kickback.