Set NPC weight

Blazer6992

Sometimes when changing the appearance of a follower with a mod, the head and neck color doesn't match the body color. So if I do a "setnpcweight 100" command it helps a lot. But then when I walk outside of the house she changes back and I have to do the command again. Every time I change locations by fast travel or just changing cells, she reverts back. I tried a "forceav" command with the set weight command, but it doesn't like that. So is there a command to make the "setnpcweight" command permanent?

The Creation Kit. It is available by opening Steam select Library then tools and download the Skyrim Creation Kit. Once you have it downloaded, open the Creation Kit and select Files then Data and select the mod that has the face problem from the box that pops up. Make that mod active and select OK. Click on Actors and search for the NPC name. Once found, highlight the name and while holding the control key (crtl) press F4. You will get a pop-up asking if you want to export the facegen data, say Yes (and yes to all if anything else pops up) then when another popup saying the data was exported click OK and exit the Creation Kit.

When you continue your game the face problem should disappear.

If you changed the weight you need to start a new game. NPC weight is stored in your save game from game launch... either that or you will have one of these:

- bugged face with makeup on your forehead or;

- neck seam

If it's just 1 NPC and not more you can fix this in CK (creation kit, download of Steam) without starting a new game (doing multiple NPCs will be much harder), by exporting the FaceGen data of the NPC in question when you loaded the mod, after that in game select the NPC while in console and type: "disable" followed by "enable" to reload it entirely.

Check the mod page, perhaps it came with an optional file for the FaceGen data.

• 3 years later...

After tons of issues with this and following a tutorial. The solution I found was to Backup your Tintmasks folder under:

Skyrim (or SSE) >Data>Textures>Actors>Character>Character assets>tintmasks

Keep a copy of this folder for when you play the game and make a copy with 256x256 resized versions of each image. Save as 8.8.8 RGB 24 bpp unsigned with No MIP maps checked under MIP Map Generation

Use the 256 versions for when you edit in Creation kit. It only allows 256 sizes for makeup etc. then slide a few things in your character in CK and youll see the changes take place. CTRL+f4 your character as usual.

Then when you play, put your 1024 or higher tint masks back into your tintmask folder. :P

(This might be confusing for some, but if you mess with crap so much til your head kills you, you'll see that this solution fixes it and saves time.)