Vortex keeps breaking on update

NEXB

Vortex worked perfectly fine last night. I shut my computer down, wake up, and when I go to play today it tells me ffmpeg.dll is missing.

I reinstall, and suddenly the exe of the latest version refuses to install. So after about 6 cycles of reinstalling and uninstalling, I download a previous version

I finally get it to install on the previous version, but all my mods were missing and it wouldn't attach to the mod folder I had before.

I close it, giving up for the day. Decide to try again, and it autoupdated on close, putting me back at the very beginning.

Someone please help me before I toss my monitor out a window, im at my f*#@ing limit

Guest deleted34304850

ffmpeg is nothing to do with vortex - sounds like your system is messed up.

also - removing vortex and reinstalling an old version is guaranteed to give you a bad day.

if i were you, i'd be running any kind of system health checks, including sfc to see if you're missing system files - it certainly sounds like you are.

if your system is compromised then that's where you need to start.

Guest deleted34304850

i saw it was also part of one of those chat protocol things snapchat/whatsapp or whatever ? - it seems to be used across a variety of applications, hence i thought that there may be something more afoot than vortex alone.

ffmpeg.dll ships with Vortex, if it's missing it got deleted on your system post installation, either by an Antivirus or some other malicious software.

I love how this implies antivirus software is malicious lol

Some of it is....... When it installs a host of different apps, that bog down my machine, and cause more problems than they solve, time for them to go.