SkyRe Magic Weak?

rbsdrummer

Localized damage is awesome. I walked into a bandit outpost and got shot in the head and died instantly. I was very amused. Now I actually have to be more stealthy, which makes me happy.

I think the game is so much better when everything is incredibly deadly and now I am pleased. Still, magic seems a little weak possibly because I have it to where if someone hits me twice with a dagger I die and it takes me like three to kill them. But I guess for this character I cam lower the difficulty to expert but I wish there was a mod with an mcm menu letting you choose your own damage multiplier for things...

But thanks for all the mod info and etc. I'm very much enjoying localized damage!

• 2 months later...

There's nothing wrong with Skyre's magic system, its perfectly fine, along with the Destruction perks, you simply have to specialize in one element to deal the most damage to enemies who are not resistent to that element.

Note to Myztikrice:

I have no idea what mods you use but many magic mods (encluding better magic) will have tons of issuses with Skyre's magic system because Skyre totally changes the vanilla system, even the Apocalypse Spell Package mod will have issuses with Skyre's magic system as some spells will be weaker or overpowered, some Skyre spells are even the same as the Apocalypse Spell Package spells!

My advice on with useing Skyre is to get rid of ALL OF YOUR MAGIC MODS unless they say on their mod page that it will work with Skyre without issuses. If it says nothing about Skyre or has a warning about useing it with Skyre then don't use that magic mod so that Skyre will work properly. If the mod page says it will be fine with Skyre then go right ahead and use it if you want.

By the way Myztikrice, did you manully downloaded Skyre or did you use the NMM?

Edited by Karkron

Sorry for double post, but I had to tell you this before its too late.

The mod author of the Apocalypse Spell Package mod is making new magic mods that WILL WORK with Skyre's magic system, his currently released mods are Thunderchild (dragon souts mod!) and Dwemerverse (dwarf themed alteration spells!) Take a look at their mod page and you will be in awe.

Magic Duel Reborn: this mod will also work with Skyre as it does not change ANYTHING in the vanilla game, which makes it work fine with total overhaul mods that change the magic system.

Forgotten Magic Redone: I believe this mod works with Skyre as the spells it adds have their own perks I think, it adds 34 new themed spells that will level up to level 5 and each spell has 10 possible upgrades for a total of 340 combinations.

Read their mod pages for more info if interested :D

Edited by Karkron

I have to mention the mod author of SkyRe is also making a mod specifically for magic. From what I understand it's a really big project. Overhaul big. He has some sneak peak vids on his youtube.

I know it isn't out yet, but again, just wanted to mention it.

Edited by Brabbit1987

• 2 months later...

I would say magic is fairly balanced in SkyRe.

Yes, its harder.

Cast times on many spells are longer, meaning you have to time your spells better.

Mana also seems to get used up faster, making potions and enchanting with good regen more important.

But magic is still powerful.

There is also ALLOT more diversity in what you can do.

Alteration is finally useful, in fact I'm working on a playthrough right now toying with an Alteration-based build using staves and the "Medium" perk which boosts spells while wielding staves. Making single-hand cast spells almost as powerful as dual-cast, plus being able to spam the staff itself.

There's also necromancy, and summoning, which is perfectly viable.

You can also be a restoration mage, with curses, plagues, and debuffs.

Illusion is also even more viable than it was before.

in SkyRe you can actually chose a specialty and focus on it.

Which is what the whole magic lore and class system was based on.

Not every mage needs to be destruction + fireball = GG.

In fact there are much, much more powerful and equally viable ways to make a mage with SkyRe....FINALLY!

You can also use some complimentary mods but honestly I would suggest against it with the exception of making different kinds of builds/classes that SkyRe doesnt have, for example:

To make a druid => Wrath of Nature

For better Necromancy => Undeath (SkyRe has already very good necromancy but this makes it awesome and really fully rounded - you can really be a pure necro)

There's "Better Vampires" to even become a vampire-mage, and SkyRe has blood magic in alteration which helps this work even better.

I wouldnt use Apocalypse spell mod though as it adds too much unbalance and strange stuff.

I also wouldnt use any other spell mod that does any addition to spells or most definitely if it effects spell stats or perks in anyway as that will conflict and unbalance (or ruin) your game.

Pro Tip: mages definitely need to consider how they will defend themselves.

I find the "Force" shout absoutely crucial for a pure destruction mage, to give you a way to push enemies back while youre killing them.

Mage Armor + Alteration is very good now.

You can also be a stealth/sneak mage. Mage-Assassin type, which is what I'm currently playing.

Followers are also important.

A good melee/tank follower does wonders for a mage, and really makes you a part of a group (you + your followers) rather than just having packmules running behind you.