How bad is the damage from AE really?

rabcor

I'm questioning my decision to buy AE.

I load mods, get into the game a bit, ctd. Reload, ctd at the same spot, lol. Mods are not playing nice with each other. I've had numerous false starts since the AE release.

I'm seriously thinking about returning to LE myself if I can't sort a workable load order with SSE AE. I need my mods. It's been ages since I did a play through.

I thought AE would add some new magic to the game. Not so much.

I've read on a few bug fix mod post sections that the mod author and those taking care of the upkeep on the same do not intend to update the mods because of the lengthy process and that the process is a pita.

I totally get it. I thank them all for all the work they've put over time in making SSE a better game <3.

I'm sure someone will pick up the guantlet and sort things .. eventually.

Updated SSE and also bought the "Upgrade" for 19.99€. Have now spent a lot of time going through my mods and is realy only missing a few that dont work.

Spent about 10 hours in game now with AE and +210 active mods. Works very well. No CTD, no stuttering no nothing.

Well with AE I can start a new game just fine, play it just fine. But next time when I go to load my saved game, I get a infinite loading black screen after I select 'continue' or 'load'. I can still he the background sound however, Dunno why this is happening.

Known bug related to scripts processing too quickly. Bethesda is planning to release a fix next week.

Well now.. looks like I have to hurry up and wait then. Thanks.

Compare Bethesda to companies like Blizzard (sexual harassment, rampant misogyny) or CDPR (mistreatment of all staff) and I'll take Bethesda every time.

So they're better than scum so they're ok. Got it. I REALLY want them to get under their feet again but I have little confidence. I've gone from buy before release to wait and see for Elder Scrolls six and I started my journey with Redguard and all my favorite games are Elder Scrolls.