We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Always leery of Patches/Updates...

SirTrijj

I have been delaying moving forward with this AE. I really don't want to loose my LVL 44 character in SSE. As it stands right now...

1) the free creation kit mods have been installed. I have not yet purchased the rest.

2) I have not launched the Lvl 44 playthru yet.

3) I have about 35 mods installed...some are rather heavily scripted

Should I...

1) delete all this Lvl 44 playthru...and just start all over clean?

2) could I just save my last gamesave...then just start all over...then add this last gamesave to the save folder?

3) or just overwrite with the latest SKSE version and see what happens?

4) I see mod after mod on Nexus for SKSE fixes and have no idea what/which ones I should use.

Please advise and thank all of you for helping out

​I did install the new SKSE, Unofficial Patch, Address Library, SSE Engine fixes, PapyrusUtil SE, Spell Perk, ConsoleUtil, Unlimited Weapon Enchant and Dead NPC Body Cleaner Remover.

All of them have been updated by the authors and my game is working perfectly fine now. As the time is passing by, other mod authors may update their mods. According to what some of them are saying, they are waiting to do so. It will be probably another 2-4 weeks ( I guess ) before they update theirs which in my load order are not dependable of any of the above mods, so the first thing I suggest to you to do, is to update those above which are the most important mods in any load order ( except probably the Unlimited Weapon Enchant ).

I did not start a new game cause there is not need till probably all the other mods have been updated and that will take time, but in the meantime, I suggest to you to just re-install those mods and continue playing your game. I do not see any point to start a new game if still your game can properly run by just updating those mods and because anyway, other mods still need to be updated.

One more think, once you move in full with the AE, you may have to start a new game all over from scratch. Most likely, it will be buggy and some mods probably will require to be updated by the authors so I would just continue playing and wait. Just update the mods described above and you should be fine.

That helps me alot to decide how to proceed. My SSE playthru was beginning to mess up. There r mods I want to "not use" anymore. Not even sure what shape that playthru is in now. I'm gonna try to re-install sopmac"s list of mods.

Edit: When trying to launch this playthru with the updated skse launcher, I get an error sayiing that the Engine Fixes did not load...and they highly recommended I not proceed yet. Looking back in my Vortex, it does show Part 1 and Part 2 r there. What to do now?

Edited by SirTrijj

I did install/re-install 1) New SKSE 2)Unofficial patch 3)Address Library 4)SSE Engine Fixes 5)Papyrus Util 6)Console Util. Wasn't sure which Spell Perk to use?? Which Spell Perk should I install? I would like to try some new spellcasting animations. Dead Body and Unlimited Enchant I don't think I need or do I? I'll wait to hear from u guys b4 I launch my SSE playthru again.

Edit: When trying to launch this playthru with the updated skse launcher, I get an error sayiing that the Engine Fixes did not load...and they highly recommended I not proceed yet. Looking back in my Vortex, it does show Part 1 and Part 2 r there. What to do now?

Part 2 can only be installed with Vortex if you change the mod type to dinput. You are actually instructed to install it manually.

If that is not the issue there have been a few updates on Engine Fixes and the Address Library, not always with version number changes, so perhaps make sure they are up to date?

Lastly, some people have had issues with their antivirus blocking the install of Engine Fixes, I believe.

I would recommend to install DLL Plugin Loader and follow the instructions exactly as they are in the description of the mod.

The mod that requires Part 1 and Part 2 is SSE Engine Fix which is a plugin for SKSE and required for the SKSE to properly work. You can install the Part 1 automatically via Vortex and the Part 2 must be installed manually. I do believe there are 3 files with dll extension that must be place in the same place where skyrim.exe is located ( C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition )

With those mods you should be fine I believe.

Let me know please.

Ok....I did manually download the Part 2 but let Vortex (Install from File). I figure the Vortex folk know more than me. Should I "Remove" Part 2 from Vortex? And re-install Part 2 manually to Special Edition (making sure that 3 files get there)?? Thnx to both of u for reaching out. I "Play" Skyrim...i don't do very well with all this other stuff xD I am truly grateful for the help.