Fallout 4 Cutting Room Floor Mod. Is it really possible in 2021

Bonecrusher6621

Lol my settlements start to look more like aglomeration clusters of 3-5 per area with an army of automatron provisioners cleaning anything hostile in between them.

But hey, if you lack quests just ask that minuteman guy you surely know well.

"Another Settlement needs your help......"

Bite your tongue. :D

I think it is mostly because for fallout 4 , editing vanilla things is a bit more complicated.

For example: Editing the "commonwealth worldspace" requires you to regenerate precombined visibility and geometry.

That would make a mod that edits one area incompatible with any other mod that edits that area in the worldspace.

Or the "loose ends" that are in the game are just a bit too loose.

"Restoring" something requires you to have an objctive understanding of what it is supposed to be like, and lots of thing would require lots of additional creativity (and you couldn't call it "restoring something" if you brought your own ideas into it, right?)

Actually, you need to learn how to regenerate you own precombines, after you have selected mods that might alter the originals. It is the responsibility of the USER to deal with these issues, because mod authors creatre their mods on the Base game.

I personally don't care about broken precombines.

I have been using scrap everything for a while now and never had any issues (that mod breaks precombines).

But I am also fine with the game running at 25 or 30 FPS ...

According to theory, Scrap everything only breaks precombines in settlement areas, not the whole game. I think there is an optional switch to do the whole game, but, it has to be a deliberate act, and it comes with a warning that performance issues may ensue. :D

I have been using scrap everything for a while now and never had any issues (that mod breaks precombines).

According to theory, Scrap everything only breaks precombines in settlement areas, not the whole game. I think there is an optional switch to do the whole game, but, it has to be a deliberate act, and it comes with a warning that performance issues may ensue. :D

I also use a mod that lets you activate those trahs piles that are everywhere.

When you activate them, they get disabled and you get some random scrap in your inventory.

THAT breaks precombines EVERYWHERE for sure ...

I also use a mod that lets you activate those trahs piles that are everywhere.

When you activate them, they get disabled and you get some random scrap in your inventory.

THAT breaks precombines EVERYWHERE for sure ...

It was my understanding the precombine data is on a per-cell basis. So breaking them in one cell (simply by deleting the data from the record), regardless of what they consist of, doesn't affect any other cells.

It was my understanding the precombine data is on a per-cell basis. So breaking them in one cell (simply by deleting the data from the record), regardless of what they consist of, doesn't affect any other cells.

No, as far as I know the precombines are generated in "clusters" 3 by 3 cells.