1.6.342 rest in peace SKSE again

DanielVacha

I see you are just going to toe the party line about everything being just fine, no responsibility should rest with Bethesda, and it’s all our faults.

I was waiting for you to fall back on the TOS argument, you did not disappoint.

Edited to add…

You sure seem triggered about me using words like irresponsible and almost criminal, then talk about going through the courts.

You a lawyer for Bethesda?

You sure act like one.

Just ignore him. If not a troll, he's a lawyer with a bug in his pants or a zealot, neither of which one can win an argument with. I just hope he's doesn't realize how much he's making people more upset rather than calming things down with his nonsense

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're sure not going to be calmed by all the misinformation people spread.

Doesn't matter anyway, The "upset" crowd is too small for Bethesda to ever be concerned with. They rant and scream, and then a couple of days later they go away because it turns out there wasn't a crisis after all.

They're sure not going to be calmed by all the misinformation people spread.

Doesn't matter anyway, The "upset" crowd is too small for Bethesda to ever be concerned with. They rant and scream, and then a couple of days later they go away because it turns out there wasn't a crisis after all.

if it doesn't matter then maybe you can stop stirring the pot so hard

showler, you need to shut off your keyboard for a while and actually read and understand why people are upset before you respond with the same old arguments, misinformation and worthless statements you have used in your last 100 or so responses.Quit trying to make a defense before you understand what is being said. Quit trying to prove you don't need a magnifying glass to pee by being a troll and a parrot. What I really don't understand is why if you are so pro vanilla game why are you even on a modding site to begin with.

I have spent over a year refining my game to personalize and make it a pleasure to play. Modders have spent countless hours giving us extra content to keep it up to date and fresh, fixing bugs that Bethesda should have fixed before launching and making it what it has come to be. Mods the will not ever be playable again, why?, because the Modders have burnt themselves out trying to keep up with updates that were not wanted or necessary for the game to function. All of that wiped out in seconds. Arguing that we as consumers are at fault and not Bethesda is like telling me politicians are honest. It is all about control and making money, and how much more can we squeeze out of them. Simply put we have paid for a game to play and yet we do not have control over it. Why do you thing the game is only marketed through steam? You think the Modding "crowd is too small for Bethesda to ever be concerned with"? then why do the even bother with working with SKSE? It's because it will generate more sales and they know that the game would have been long gone had there not been a modding community to keep the game going. What actual bugs made the latest update necessary other than to make their content usable in the game? Why am I not given a choice as to whether to keep the game I had, the game I paid for, or to update? And contrary to popular belief the game will update whether you want it to or not.

Simply put: If you decide to use a mod as invasive as SKSE, which I do, then complete all the requirements for using it. Since SKSE is designed to break with every update Bethesda releases, block the updates and freeze your game.

That's it. You're making a choice to use something that breaks on an update, so prevent the updates. There are several different methods for doing so, but the manifest methods seem to be the most fool-proof.

Otherwise, acknowledge that script extenders breaking on updates has been a thing for about twenty years now and everyone knows it's going to happen.

My games usually have 300-400 mods installed. I've never had a Bethesda update break my game. Usually, I manage to screw it up myself by updating a mod without being careful enough. I don't get mad at the mod author, though.

Simply put: If you decide to use a mod as invasive as SKSE, which I do, then complete all the requirements for using it. Since SKSE is designed to break with every update Bethesda releases, block the updates and freeze your game.

That's it. You're making a choice to use something that breaks on an update, so prevent the updates. There are several different methods for doing so, but the manifest methods seem to be the most fool-proof.

Otherwise, acknowledge that script extenders breaking on updates has been a thing for about twenty years now and everyone knows it's going to happen.

My games usually have 300-400 mods installed. I've never had a Bethesda update break my game. Usually, I manage to screw it up myself by updating a mod without being careful enough. I don't get mad at the mod author, though.

OK you've said your piece, did your apples to oranges analogy. Now calm down and give those who screwed up and accidently updated or didn't know some space . You are not helping. Just getting folks more riled up. I'm fine. I didn't update but I certainly have sympathy for those who didn't.

Luckily like many here we knew at least two months in advance that this “update” was going to wreak havoc on the game.

As such I downloaded a new game to my 2 TB external drive and added all the mods I thought I’d ever want, then cloned it all as an additional back up, plus doing the same with my existing modded game.

Now I just go off line to play without issue,

Funny thing though, if we without inside info knew that far in advance how it was going to affect the game, how could Bethesda not know?

Almost seems they used the update to break SKSE, Papyrus, and racemenu, three programs vital to running a modded game.

It’s as if they purposely released it with the intentions of throttling the Skyrim modding community while coordinating with creation club, Nexus’s pay to play rival.

Naw, they’d never do that.

As I’ve stated before, it’s a pity, I wish they had spent their time working on SkyrimVI instead of this nonsense.

And showler, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but don’t expect it to be a popular one, people here are upset with good reason.

To the rest of you, happy holidays, and Merry Christmas (or in celebration of your particular belief), time for me to head out and go be with out of state family, you all be safe, healthy, and happy.

Till then, I’m out!

OK you've said your piece, did your apples to oranges analogy. Now calm down and give those who screwed up and accidently updated or didn't know some space . You are not helping. Just getting folks more riled up. I'm fine. I didn't update but I certainly have sympathy for those who didn't.

Yeah, if you read back you'd notice I didn't respond to people who were upset about mistakes. I replied to people who immediately went to the "Todd hates us" line.

edit: Like the post above, which ignores the fact that it was the compiler update that caused the problem and that Bethesda cannot make decision based on what happens with SKSE due to it being unsupported and used by a small percentage of their players. It also clearly ignores the fact that if Bethesda wanted to shut down SKSE they could do so at a moment without having to resort to 5D chess maneuvers.

Ahhh, so... I just came here to find out how to fix my game. I installed the SKSE AE update but a lot of things aren't working - Racemenu, Jcontainers, SOS, etc etc, no physics, game crashing. I'm not very tech savvy (I just do what the mod pages tell me to do), but it seems much more broken than the usual kind of broken. Does anyone have a link to a "how to fix it" type guide? Does that exist?