Sandcrete Home where to put it?

gunslinger6792

5 members have voted

1. 1. Where should a fallout or fallout 2 sandcrete style home go?

• Near the Mojave Outpost
    • Somewhere near Westside
    • Near gunnrunners (to the east are NCR settler homes)
    • Novac
    • Goodsprings (please god anywhere but there)
    • You're the modder pick a place you slacker

So I'm creating a fallout or fallout 2 style sandcrete home using the modder resource trickyvein made. So the big question becomes where to put this bad boy. I'd like to make a small farm around it add a few brahmin. In other words really make it feel like a self sufficient home. Its going to be some time before I release this but it would be nice to know what the community thinks. So please tell me where you'd like the house placed and for what reasons. Also feel free to add suggestions just please don't ask for armor or weapon auto storage. Here's a link to what the house looks like so far.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/55844/?page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=1084042&pUp=1

Given that you mentioned farming as a possible feature, I'd put it near the NCR sharecropper farms.

The reason is because I imagine farming requires fertile land and that's a bit short in the Mojave.

But that might not be appropriate for Legion affilitiated characters, since the Sharecropper guards would keep shooting at them.

So maybe put it up near the passage to Zion (Honest Hearts) DLC?

You could pass it off as a disused Happy Trails storage facility.

Or maybe an old world tourist stop before they went into Zion proper.

Given that you mentioned farming as a possible feature, I'd put it near the NCR sharecropper farms.

The reason is because I imagine farming requires fertile land and that's a bit short in the Mojave.

But that might not be appropriate for Legion affilitiated characters, since the Sharecropper guards would keep shooting at them.

So maybe put it up near the passage to Zion (Honest Hearts) DLC?

You could pass it off as a disused Happy Trails storage facility.

Or maybe an old world tourist stop before they went into Zion proper.

I don't really agree with putting near the sharecroppers area but you bring up a very valid point. I'm going to have to think about it. Another concern espically in that area is space. I have to have enough room to make the house and add some things outside.

Putting it near the northwest passage would be nice but theres a few problems with that mainly AWOP. AWOP has several techraider outposts theres so I'd have to take that into account.

there are 2.

One by primm and one by the I88.

I'd go for the I88 one maybe by helios.

I totally forgot about the one by helios. I'll look arond the 188 too. I was only thinking about the one on the way to nipton.

Kind of a tangent, but it would be cool to have one at redrock (maybe after the khans leave) and to have it textured like the surroundings. That's a cool color, reminds me a lot of Sedona Az, and of course the Nat parks in Utah like Zion. Plus it would be great camo.

I could easily re-texture it for you in gimp if TrickyVein was OK with it.

Kind of a tangent, but it would be cool to have one at redrock (maybe after the khans leave) and to have it textured like the surroundings. That's a cool color, reminds me a lot of Sedona Az, and of course the Nat parks in Utah like Zion. Plus it would be great camo.

I could easily re-texture it for you in gimp if TrickyVein was OK with it.

I don't think he'd have a problem with it. He did leave it as a modder resource. Redrock would be an interesting location I'll definitely look into it.