Some quest markers missing

hucker75

All the vanilla quests are ok, but a few of my mods don't have quest markers, when everyone else says they do. And sometimes they're in weird places, like the building I just came from instead of where I should be going, as though it hasn't noticed I've exited the building. Any ideas?

Edited by hucker75

I'm curious to know where quest markers show up in fo4edit.

As for the issue at hand, Could be you missed a mark(er) in the quest (multiple targets), load order, or multiple quests active at once.

My question relates because worldspace lctn identifiers would be my guess, they sometimes appear to get knoodled with over-riding previs data or something if it is a heavily modifed area.

Thus load order is indicated as well.

Running any mods that alter/affect quest markers? Or markers in general?

Nothing specific to markers.

I'm curious to know where quest markers show up in fo4edit.

As for the issue at hand, Could be you missed a mark(er) in the quest (multiple targets), load order, or multiple quests active at once.

My question relates because worldspace lctn identifiers would be my guess, they sometimes appear to get knoodled with over-riding previs data or something if it is a heavily modifed area.

Thus load order is indicated as well.

This quest marker is showing incorrectly as the last building I came out of. Looks like it didn't notice I exited the building?

In another mod, I've had quests briefly (10 seconds) move the marker to a random position and back.

In about 5 other mods, I've had quest markers take a while to show up.

In about 5 other mods, I've had them not show up at all.

I'm inclined to blame an overloaded system - a couple of hundred mods and a slow GPU (although the CPU is a Ryzen 9).

Since you have to cpu, and the problem at hand... Try opening all your mods in FO4edit and filter for conflicts. Check the relevant worldspaces and see what is not settled in the effected quest areas. (Maybe a clue, that is all).

Adjusting load order and mod cleaning might fix it, though I never noticed this particular issue myself, the process has cleared up quite a few weird little buggers overall.

Since you have to cpu, and the problem at hand... Try opening all your mods in FO4edit and filter for conflicts. Check the relevant worldspaces and see what is not settled in the effected quest areas. (Maybe a clue, that is all).

Adjusting load order and mod cleaning might fix it, though I never noticed this particular issue myself, the process has cleared up quite a few weird little buggers overall.

How do I filter for conflicts? I'm not that familiar with FO4Edit.

I've adjusted load order in the past a few times and it's never fixed anything. All I've ever done that helped is disabling and enabling a mod that isn't working, which I guess puts it at the end of the load order to overrule everything else.

P.S. What do people mean by top and bottom of load order? Which is first? The top or the bottom? Depends if you imagine it as a list or a stack.

How do I filter for conflicts? I'm not that familiar with FO4Edit.

Right click on a Form or plugin >> Apply Filter >> there are a lot of options here but the most important is to check the checkbox "Conflicts" >> click "Filter".

P.S. What do people mean by top and bottom of load order? Which is first? The top or the bottom? Depends if you imagine it as a list or a stack.

As a list, so Fallout4.esm is on top.

So I just right click one mod on the left pane and select filter? I'm getting a big list of things like:

<Error reading float in " \ [AC] Clear Underwater View.esp \ [1] GRUP Top "WATR" \ [21] ExtLakeQuannapowittWater [WATR:00204C42] \ .......

Funnily enough I recently had a quest to Lake Quanapowitt, to kill a mirelurk, but the mod didn't notice I'd killed it.