TO ANYONE USING W.A.T.E.R!

jordan7890

UPDATE 8/24: The mod author has messaged me informing me that he will update the manual instructions when he can.

Quote: "I didn't mention it because it was a recent addition where things got switched around and I must have forgotten."

As it turns out the W.A.T.E.R mod has a compatibility issue with Skyrim HD. (This is refering to the HD texture mod in addition to the official DLC which I can only assume almost everyone uses)

If you're using Skyrim HD FULL (4k version) you are only required to install 00 CORE.

While if you are using Skyrim HD LITE (2k version), you need to install both 00 CORE and 90 Med Res.

My friend informs me that he never had this issue. However, if you're a dinosaur like me and prefer to install manually then you might encounter this problem. However, chances are that most of you won't encounter this problem since you use nmm.

My forum post if you want more info http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1083679-what-the-hell-is-causing-this/

I'll bump this every few days just to be sure everyone gets the picture, then I'll let this post die. Feel free to comment though.

Edited by jordan7890

I personally don't think '90%' of people use NMM, I personally can't stand the program, it's like having a tiny moody nazi in charge of my skyrim, it's very over controlling and doesn't work half the time. The only reason I do use it is it is to get around the nexus' auto-canceling downloads (Which I don't get, I've downloaded 5gb+ files from other sites all the time without them ever cancelling, and I can barely download a 50mb file from nexus without trying at least 3 times) Also, I use Skyrim Install Swapper, which doesn't really play nice with NMM, and is, at least in my opinion, a MUCH MUCH more useful program! ^_^

Also, I don't use the Skyrim HD DLC, as it is very low quality for the size of the files comparatively. I'm sure some people will find this information useful though.

If you have a demonstrated problem with W.A.T.E.R. that you think is worth mentioning to it's users - you're best of posting it in the mods release thread. That is where it is most likely to seen by the modder in question as well as anyone having a problem with the mod itself.

If you have a demonstrated problem with W.A.T.E.R. that you think is worth mentioning to it's users - you're best of posting it in the mods release thread.

I wish I could. Sadly it is disabled, so I'm pretty much doing anything I can to get the word out.

I personally don't think '90%' of people use NMM, I personally can't stand the program, it's like having a tiny moody nazi in charge of my skyrim, it's very over controlling and doesn't work half the time. The only reason I do use it is it is to get around the nexus' auto-canceling downloads (Which I don't get, I've downloaded 5gb+ files from other sites all the time without them ever cancelling, and I can barely download a 50mb file from nexus without trying at least 3 times) Also, I use Skyrim Install Swapper, which doesn't really play nice with NMM, and is, at least in my opinion, a MUCH MUCH more useful program! ^_^

Also, I don't use the Skyrim HD DLC, as it is very low quality for the size of the files comparatively. I'm sure some people will find this information useful though.

One does not simply refer to Skyrim HD as "very low quality".

If you have a demonstrated problem with W.A.T.E.R. that you think is worth mentioning to it's users - you're best of posting it in the mods release thread. That is where it is most likely to seen by the modder in question as well as anyone having a problem with the mod itself.

I think you should message the author or post a comment, I'm sure it would be repaired promptly.

But I doubt that is really much of a problem for most users.

One does not simply refer to Skyrim HD as "very low quality".

One does when it is. Besides, I said "for it's file size" that's the key phrase their. I use 1k textures that look WAAAY better then the 4k textures by bethesda (1k is EIGHT TIMES smaller then 4k!). They seem to think taking the same texture and scaling it up and increasing the contrast means higher quality. The HD texture pack creates really bad lag for half-decent graphic improvement, it is "very low quality" because of that. "Quality" doesn't JUST mean "prettiness" it means how good it looks compared to the performance hit, and the fact is, it's very high performance hit, for somewhat decent visual improvement. For example, 2k textures full version looks very noticeably better then the HD DLC, and is a FOURTH the size of the HD DLC, this means it is MUCH HIGHER QUALITY, even though the resolution is much lower. Even the 1k textures look as good if not better, and they are 1/8th the size of the HD DLC.

So, I stand by my point, I do not use the Skyrim HD DLC, as it is very low quality for the immense lag it creates on an already loaded-to-the-brim game. Maybe if you only use 20-50 mods and no other HD mod packs (like book of silence) Then it won't lag you to bad, but I use around 220 esps/esms plus about 20-30 high res texture packs (a lot of which are for Automatic Variants)

It does look a lot better then vanilla, but it also looks a lot worse then modder created texture packs 1/8th the size of it. Thus, "very low quality" ^_^

I dislike the HD textures DLC, for all the reasons ArtMurder said, so have never used it. I do use Skyrim 2K (Lite) and WATER (Full res) together without issues, though. I also install manually.

There is no conflict between them, other than if you install the Skyrim 2K - Misc file, in which case you install WATER after to replace all the water files 2K has. Installing the medium res version of WATER is optional; you only need to do so if you want a few extra FPS in areas where water exists. Otherwise, it's fine.

I dislike the HD textures DLC, for all the reasons ArtMurder said, so have never used it. I do use Skyrim 2K (Lite) and WATER (Full res) together without issues, though. I also install manually.

There is no conflict between them, other than if you install the Skyrim 2K - Misc file, in which case you install WATER after to replace all the water files 2K has. Installing the medium res version of WATER is optional; you only need to do so if you want a few extra FPS in areas where water exists. Otherwise, it's fine.

The thing is, I use the HiRes DLC despite many texture packs replacing textures because not all textures are replaced by unofficial texture packs. I mainly use the HiRes DLC to cover any textures that mods have not replaced. You'd really have to be crazy not to. Example: Start a new game and as soon as you enter the tower with Ralof and Ulfric (The place Ulfric says "Legends don't burn down villages") look at the wall.

With Skyrim HD FULL, SMIM, Project parallax, Vivid landscapes - Dungeons and ruins, and aMidianBorn landscape texture packs all installed the wall is still so bad you can literally SEE the pixels! After installing the HD DLC it is noticeably improved. Again, I only use it to cover the textures not covered by mods. :smile:

Edited by jordan7890