MED-E: Medical Eyebot

d0ct0rluvsu

So... This mod is dead?

I wouldn't say dead, more of a low priority.

I could consider picking this up, perhaps maybe, unless Devin's still working on it. Got a bit of free time that I could cram this project into. Wouldn't be as elaborate as what some people request here (I'm not a great scripter) but it could be fun. More E-DEs are always good to have around. :smile:

We could do a joint project, I'm mostly interested in some of the more advanced features in regard to it's behavior and healing. That being said if you want to do a solo project I don't have dibs on teh medibot idea, anyone can make one and as you point out eyebots in general are adorable so the more the better :smile:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had thought about a simple running script that would first check if MED-E has been hired (or if it's the same cell as the player). If so, if the player is poisoned/has health below x percent/ has specific magic effects applied, and if the other conditions are met, it would display a message ("You're hurt! MED-E comes to your aid!"), play a sound and apply a compensating effect. Perhaps MED-E could be teleported to the player and say something too. It would, of course, not be very snazzy but it would get the job done, methinks. Maybe some extra options could be added through dialogue later...

I had thought about a simple running script that would first check if MED-E has been hired (or if it's the same cell as the player). If so, if the player is poisoned/has health below x percent/ has specific magic effects applied, and if the other conditions are met, it would display a message ("You're hurt! MED-E comes to your aid!"), play a sound and apply a compensating effect. Perhaps MED-E could be teleported to the player and say something too. It would, of course, not be very snazzy but it would get the job done, methinks. Maybe some extra options could be added through dialogue later...

So you'd want (or at least this is how I was going to set it up) it to use it's special heal ray. It's ammo impact script will heal, restore limbs etc, and that's accomplished through a travel package and a use weapon package, then it will act just like it did with Ulysses.

Still not positive how to include custom companions (ie those other than the vanilla ones in game), but I suspect a CIOS pulse (like faction armor, or in the endgame hoover battle) is the key. It will have a limited area of effect, check all references in that area, can cause anyone that is in the player faction to do anything a script can, whether that's to send a "message" or ping to MED-E or just add it to a temporary form list for MED-E to check and or attend to.

• 2 years later...

OK, I'll poke around a bit and see if I can use a voice type to integrate the companion quest. Maybe instead of a standard med eyebot, he could be an advanced model like Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS, in OWB

Yeah.. And it only took you... What, three years?

Three years and your still mired in petty and vindictive behavior? That must suck......but hey, you do you.

If this has been an issue for you, why didn't you learn to do it? Plenty of tutorials. It's pretty much on you.....if you couldn't figure it out or be bothered to do it for three years.

Looking in my request requests uploaded folder, I'm seeing 300 files (that's just since changing over from mediafire), so I'v been busy with the limited time I have.

This is from the stickied thread at the top of the forum;

"Truth be told the chance of your mod being made is beyond extremely slim as most mod makers are busy with their own projects and ideas are a dime a dozen with every one thinking theirs is "teh bestest idea eveh!".

If you really want your idea come to life you are best to learn how to mod yourself."

Three years and your still mired in petty and vindictive behavior? That must suck......but hey, you do you.

Petty and vindictive? Seriously? I first replied to this post five years ago. I've literally finished high school and moved onto university during the "lifespan" of this thread. Just completely forgot about it. Haven't even played New Vegas in years.

Why did you even bother coming back at all? It's being five years, nobody cares anymore, not even the guy who requested this, who hasn't being active since 2013, just forget about it.

Edited by ssskoopa

Petty and vindictive? Seriously?

Yeah, where did I get that idea.....maybe from quotes like this;

and

Why did you even bother coming back at all? It's being five years, nobody cares anymore

You've clearly matured a great deal.....can't imagine I thought you were petty or vindictive :wink:

Why did you even bother coming back at all? It's being five years, nobody cares anymore, not even the guy who requested this, who hasn't being active since 2013, just forget about it.

This might be hard for you, but the truth is it doesn't matter how butt hurt you are. MagnumJaguar PM'd me expressing a interest in Med-E and we're going to brainstorm some ideas and see about cobbling together a medical eyebot companion <Shrug>