Is it actually possible to get this ME3 ending without multiplayer?

Rennn

Is it possible to get the "Shepard lives, reapers are destroyed" ending without playing multiplayer, assuming you play all 3 games in succession?

I have nothing against multiplayer, but since I don't trust EA and therefore Origin, I'm worried about what will happen if/when the multiplayer is taken offline.

I've added up the points gained for each action throughout the series, and it seems possible. However, if my math was even slightly inaccurate it might be impossible to get an ending where Shepard lives.

:/

yes you can use the dumb iPhone me3 map. But you have to keep check it every 2 hours for like 3 days before you get anyway with it.

Or you will have to gain enough reinforcement points or whatever they are called in the single player. If I remember you have to get a HUGE number around 4500-5000?

Also getting that number IS NOT POSSIBLE ON MOST PLAYTHROUGHS. if you made certain choices throughout the first two games it is not possible to get the best ending just playing single player alone. Meaning if you pass me3 to 100% you still won't be able to get the best ending.

So your choices are; play MP, play the crap iOS app, buy the story dlc they add points, or use cheatengine (or some other cheat) to change your total reinforcement points.

Is it possible to get the "Shepard lives, reapers are destroyed" ending without playing multiplayer, assuming you play all 3 games in succession?

I have nothing against multiplayer, but since I don't trust EA and therefore Origin, I'm worried about what will happen if/when the multiplayer is taken offline.

I've added up the points gained for each action throughout the series, and it seems possible. However, if my math was even slightly inaccurate it might be impossible to get an ending where Shepard lives.

Get the extended cut, play the game. Problem solved.

For me it's just another example of EA ruining a brilliant story that your choices are that moot. You shouldn't have to go to extremes like that.

I mostly like what Bioware did with the story. I was hoping that a good ending would be extremely hard to get, as I think it makes success more epic when the odds are stacked against the player.

However, I do NOT like that multiplayer (or a ridiculous app) may actually be required for the best ending.

I have it, and I included it in my calculations. Even with all the DLC, including the EC ending DLC, a player would still be about 300 EMS too low for the "Shepard breathes" scene. :/

Total points would be roughly 7600, but divided in half for 50% galactic readiness, that would equal an EMS of 3,800. I've heard that an EMS of 4,100 is required, though nobody has been able to provide a source for that.

Edited by Rennn

I have it, and I included it in my calculations. Even with all the DLC, including the EC ending DLC, a player would still be about 300 EMS too low for the "Shepard breathes" scene. :/

Total points would be roughly 7600, but divided in half for 50% galactic readiness, that would equal an EMS of 3,800. I've heard that an EMS of 4,100 is required, though nobody has been able to provide a source for that.

You don't need multiplayer to get that 3 second clip.

You don't now nor have you ever needed multiplayer to get the "best" ending, I got it at launch without ever touching the multiplayer, you just have to really work for it. Get the best possible outcomes in all scenarios, and you should be fine, I didn't even do any of that "searching the galaxy for supplies" bs that they tacked on where you have to avoid the reapers.