IDP.Generic detected by Avast One in SKSE64_Loader.exe

Tower01

Just recently the anti-virus program, Avast One, has started detecting IDP.Generic class trojan in my SKSE64_Loader.exe file. This executable was downloaded mid-2020, yet the Data folder for SKSE 2.00.19 has a date of Jan 15, 2022. Coincidently the same date I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10?

I looked up the virus in its database and found it is actually a class of trojans, and not a specific threat. However, it supposedly opens the way for other pieces of software run, potentially to track a person's keystrokes.

If I quarantiine the file, my SSE v1.5.97 will run only without SKSE and all the mods dependant on SKSE64 removed.

Has something changed? For example, can Microsoft, or Steam, or the SKSE team, or someone else, introduce snippits of code with key logger capabilities into the loader?

Alternately, is this a real threat or is Avast One being overly sensitive?

Thanks! Found the 2.00.19 version and also the readme file :ohmy: .

In the SKSE64_readme.txt file is this section:

"* My virus scanner complains about skse64_loader!
- It is not a virus. To extend Skyrim and the editor, we use a technique called DLL injection to load our code. Since this technique can also be used by viruses, some badly-written virus scanners assume that any program doing it is a virus. Adding an exception to your scanner's rules may be necessary."

Added the exception to Avast, sigh.