R&D XCOM Map Alterations

Amineri

I can use the DLC battleship map as one of two or three landed battleships if it's possible to make the moving city background go away (kills immersion for me if it's there on a 'landed' UFO), but even then I think the game would crack up if it was the only option when one of those maps was rolled up and the player didn't have the DLC.

For bomb maps, can nodes go anywhere? Does the bomb itself block LOS and does it have any limitations on location?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is inexpected... when placed on the blank map the bomb DOES provide sightliness.. but not in all directions o_O the trainstation bomb provides sightiness in 2 directions because the other 2 should be covered by other objects from the trainmap. But other bombs have even more holes in the sight blocking.

I'm still testing varous configurations.

I am pretty sure the nodes can go anywhere by moving their actors with hexedit OR by code like wghost's LZ mod.

About the battleship, we have to find a way to selectevly delete particle emitters by code, manualy removing them from the map would be quite painful.

I am pretty sure the nodes can go anywhere by moving their actors with hexedit OR by code like wghost's LZ mod.

This should be an extremely important method if it were pulled by whomever tackles the inevitable coding work. Parametric run-time settings for such "new" maps would go a loooonnngg way towards making complex variety in as many configurations as anyone could imagine!

Excellent development progress, AFAIC.

Keep going, guys. The light at the end of the tunnel begins to shine very bright!

I think I got it... The bomb provides proper sightiness as long as it is placed near other cover because when you move to the cover the pawn slightly shifts towards it and aligns itself properly. When the bomb is in the open your unit doesn't align and you can see through the bomb cover. Still investigating.. My test consist in adding the meatshop bomb stream to the blank map and moving around the stream by editing the ini like StreamingMaps[0]=( MapName="URB_Slaughterhouse_Stream", Loc=( X=480, Y=-1920, Z=-64 ). It shows quite odd behaviour.

It's my guess but I think it may not work as easily as the LZs because there are also rebuildworldvolumes to be moved and I do not know if they will trigger after or before moving them by script. Worst case we move with code and then add new rebuildworldvolumes by streaming them in.

Edited by LiQuiD911

There's a 2 tile high cover on one of it's side on the trainstation map.

There's a problem with using the dlc ship, it doesn't have a command room! It's off the map :\

On the crashed ship : I've managed to selectivly delete smoke and other particles by addressing them by archetype but some of the fires remain, still working on it. The tiles covered by fire are now walkable. However the red glows around the fires cannot be removed.

Some more news from the scripting side of the things. :smile:

I've tried to move power node around with mutator: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400999709

XComRebuildWorldDataVolume works after moving (after re-spawning, to be precise). Power node provides cover, is clickable and increases countdown timer properly. Emitters also work as intended.

Power node consists of several objects:

1. XComLevelActor - static actor, the node itself.

2. XComInteractiveLevelActor - invisible interactive actor, clickable.

3. Two Emitters - active and inactive node animations.

4. XComRebuildWorldDataVolume - a volume to rebuild local world data (like cover data).

Bomb has even more objects:

1. Two XComLevelActors - the bomb and the floor objects.

2. XComInteractiveLevelActor - invisible clickable interactive actor.

3. Five different Emitters for different bomb states.

4. XComRebuildWorldDataVolume.

BTW, XGBattle class periodically rebuilds the world data by calling DoWorldDataRebuild method. So, I guess, we can spawn XComRebuildWorldDataVolume at any time.

Next thing to do is to move the Bomb itself. :smile:

Edited by wghost81