have you got a CAR?

Halluinoid

what is your CAR? when did you get it and why?

I got this blue car 2 years ago and it just loves the River!! I drove over a hundred miles to buy it in Norfolk and when I got there the car salesman told me he didnt accept credit cards (due to the Bank charges) so I had to go all the way home and get a bank transfer , maybe if I had a smartPhone I could have done it there and then but never mind, which car do you drive and why? :geek:

I bought a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 back in 2017. It was the replacement for my 96 Dodge Ram 2500 I had purchased in 2010. Why a 3/4 ton truck? Mainly because I can only afford to insure, and maintain one vehicle at a time, therefore, it needs to be able to do everything I need a vehicle for. The limiting factor being hauling around a 14 foot dump trailer. A less vehicle just wouldn't be able to deal with it. Sure, I don't pull the trailer every day, or even every month, but, when I need it.... I need it. :D Granted, driving a big, heavy truck as a daily driver ain't the most economical solution, but, I don't drive much in any event. Less than 5000 miles a year. Being retired has its advantages. :D

crikey I wish you could post a picture of it HY :cool: would love to see that truck!

I don't have one on this machine. My desktop blew up on me, (system board failure..... not detecting any video device) and I am waiting on the replacement to show up. From China...... :D Yeah. Long story.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I have a pickup truck that I really like to drive despite the fact that it's not a girly car.

Now that gas has gotten stupid expensive.... I only drive when I absolutely have to..... So, more often than not, my truck just sits.....

We got rid of ours, it was a waste of money. We have a train station around 500 yards from our house, the local pub is around 200 yards away along with a lot of local shops, everything else we can do online. On the rare occasions we really need a car we can rent one, we've saved a fortune.