Update on site work and NMM 0.50 around the corner

Dark0ne

Just to throw in my comment, I really like this idea of the profile switching for the NMM. I, for one, do have multiple characters, and not all my mods will fit all my characters, and it's a PAIN to have to turn them on/off for every one.

I'm hoping that this will bring an end to it, and after one setup for the characters, I'll be able to roll along in peace! :P

Keep up the good work and I'll probably be testing :P

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article!

I hope in the next nexus update they will fix the loading bar over overwrite bar bug when activating a mod. This happens occasionally. It gets quite irritating having to end process the nexus client thru task manager.

I will be excited for the day where "bad gateway" doesn't show up while trying to browse on the Nexus sites!

I did switch to the Chrome browser since Firefox now seems to have issues and is slower than hell lately. This helped the site browsing a lot in regards to speed. Firefox used to be my go to browser but they are seriously dropping the ball at Mozilla. If others are having issues with site speed, try viewing the site with Chrome, it made a big difference for me even with Dark0ne's server issues. A side by side comparison had Chrome opening the page in half the time.

To tell the truth, I would much rather have some kind of a save game manager than a profile manager. A utility with the ability to remove save bloat from saves would be a god send. Something to consider. I would much rather have it as a feature in the NMM then to have a 3rd party app. The mods I choose aren't really class specific either so a profile manager isn't necessary for me seeing as the mods I run are used for all my toons. Even if I might be running mage and get a mage specific mod, Lydia is my favorite companion (Bijin Warmaidens ftw!)) and is a sword and board tank so I still need both kinds of mods. (just an example) I also would like better mod removal/deactivation features. Some mods I have installed break the game and cause CTDs while starting Skyrim if I remove them now in NMM. Just my 2 cents from a couple of things on my wish list. :)

Keep up the hard work and I really appreciate all the great features of this site and the NMM.

Edited by XTR3M368

In response to post #9116653. #9117803, #9118803 are all replies on the same post.

I like the search suggestion, but then your post goes a bit too far. I understand that you don't want to reinstall 200+ mods, but hey, how much did those 200+ mods cost you? Look, whatever you do, you pay for it. You want to get fun from a new game? You pay cash. Want to get fun from mods? You pay time. The Nexus team are fantastic, they've made a great site, easily accessible and simple to use and on top of that they've built a program for us to install 99.9% of mods effortlessly. As a programmer and web designer, I know how hard that is.

I can understand you wanting it to be better, but for now, they really are doing fantastic from a technical point of view.

I have been looking for the profiles feature, many of the other mod managers have incorperated this feature, but I prefer NMM, so I have been doing the profile manually, as any other profiles managers only programs actually messes up the saved games. Also, one issue please do take into account the sse files in the saved games folder, they are the files created by Script Extender. Other profile managers created only to make Skyrim profiles don't move these files and create many issues that programmers miss to account for.

As far as problems with the website, I will speak for myself, I do not prefer any other Skyrim mod website. So I appreciate the problems and trouble that you go through, and I think fans wait for solutions. Best of luck and wishes with the work on servers and databases.

I'm thinking about some features that you might want to add on your NMM

HERE'S A FEW OF THEM

- "Search Option" to let us find mods easily

- "Activate Selected" to let us activate mods currently highlighted in one click

- "Install Selected" to let us install mods currently highlighted in just one click

- "Delete Selected" to let us delete currently highlighted mods in one click

- "Deactivate Selected" i think you already know what this does

- Move the "Delete Mod Button" somewhere else, i always accidentally presses it and deletes the mod i just want to deactivate

- Abitlity to create Tabs and rename them would let us manage mods more easily, tabs + categories would be very convenient

- The ability to activate all mods in one click

- The ability to activate all mods in a category/tab in one click

hope you consider some of these, cause it will help not just me but everyone here :)

Edited by Loshirai14

In response to post #9116653. #9117803, #9118803, #9121550, #9126194 are all replies on the same post.

Keep in mind that in the worst case scenario, you will still have a mod list that NMM saves for you that will tell which mod were installed (and which files) and the file to restore your plugins activation status and load order.
Also keep in mind that this is valid for this "alpha beta test" release we're doing, we need to know if it fails, where and why, the final release should provide a way to restore your normal installation even if the new install fails and/or some preliminary checks before starting the migration process. Edited by DuskDweller

I appreciate your hard work and dedication to improving this already great site. I also appreciate your explanation as to why access has been so problematic on occasion.

I have also put my money where my mouth is by purchasing an upgrade in membership before it was even due, so there will be more funds for servers and such. Even purchasing a single month membership will help with upgrading expenses now and allow the team more options. And you get a nice price break for doing it before October. Something to consider if you really like this site.

Well, that explains the problems I've been having off and on lately. Thanks for the update. I hope everything works out for the best soon.

It sounds like this is going to cost you guys some big bucks. Is there any way I can make a donation to the cause? I am already a Premium member but I get a lot of use out of the site and I'm willing to choke up a little moola to keep things running smoothly, so to speak.

Edited by Thasic