Update on site work and NMM 0.50 around the corner

Dark0ne

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was getting ready to try out MO, but managed to bork it before I even installed a quarter of my current NMM Skyrim modlist. Very much looking forward to the profiling beta, especially since I have 6+ OC's I'll drop into most NMM supported games I play, and I think it covers more games than MO too. Edited by tamha

I agree - the new updates sound awesome! One thing I'd love to see in a future release is maybe a trio of columns like the Endorsement star that lets you tag which DLCs are required for each mod. Currently renaming the stuff in my mod list to reflect this, but it would be a great built-in 'sorter' function. :)

@ Ryker61: If you are waiting for a new version of any program, it could be a long wait as there is always a new version coming - even if the latest version was just released. As it is absolutely FREE, why not just go ahead and try it?

No, the new version will not automatically update - it will first come as a beta, allowing people to not use it if they choose to not be testers.

If you are not familiar with the geek term, Beta means a program that is under testing and not completely finished. You are invited to help test it and asked to submit bug reports to help us make it better - but you are not required to report bugs if you choose not to. The current NMM is a beta, and has well over 2 million users.

In response to post #9146844. #9147518, #9151489, #9152819 are all replies on the same post.

@Ryker61

To be more precise...

NMM is already a BETA program that you can regularly without any problem. As far as I'm concerned, the Nexus should just call it version 1.0 and be done with the BETA tag. It's pretty ridiculous to have a BETA for over a year...

The new version will be first launch as a BETA of the current BETA... let's call it the TEST version to avoid confusion.

The BETA NMM won't update automatically to the TEST version to limit the damages if there's a problem with the auto update. When most, if not all, the bugs are ironed out, the Nexus will change the TEST version to a BETA version and NMM will auto-update.