[LE] [Help] [Skyrim LE] Navmesh Issue

GowiHasti

I believe after adding a new home nearby and a sewer shop, something has gone wrong with the navmesh in the Rorikstead area despite my simply hitting finalize at the cells affected. I didn't actually edit the navmesh for the shop and the house worked fine before but now, for some reason there seems to be an issue at the cell borders, as when I look at the problem areas in CK they appear to be at or very close to the borders. Follower goes to it then runs around kinda in circles before getting stuck and not continuing on, crossing the border. I have a video I am attempting to upload elsewhere, but with the sorry state my Internet's been in since a storm recently, it's taking forever, will edit when uploaded. In the meantime, any tips?

EDIT: Video

https://sta.sh/01tdja3q59pf

Edited by GowiHasti

Have you made sure that none of the vanilla navmesh ref IDs have been changed or deleted. It's fine to add or delete individual triangles or to move vertices as long as the vanilla IDs remain the same. You can even select the entire navmesh and drag it far below the terrain and then make a new one in it's place. That's one thing to watch.

Another thing after finalizing do you have a thick green line at the border where two navmeshes join at each cell border. Sometimes you need to play with the vertices. The ones that are adjacent to each other on either side of a border need to be as close as possible to each other. Don't forget the Z-axis when positioning them. If they are not close you won't have the border form properly when finalizing. Look for that thick green line. Without it NPCs won't cross a cell border. You might need to finalize both sides of the cell border.

I did finalize on both sides of the navmesh and had the border but I wasn't aware of the other part! I'd deleted a triangle or 3 far away from the road at the house! After reading your post I reset the navmesh back to default with TES5E, tested, no issues so that was it. So, not wanting NPCs trying to run through the house from the walls, I decided to take your advice and drag the whole cell's navmesh down and, nervously, redid the cell's navmesh by hand, finalized, adjusted a few vertices to get the border perfect all around and finalized 1 more time, then tested and perfect now! Thanks!

Edited by GowiHasti