⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Is Fallout 4 dead and forgotten?

Bonecrusher6621

I do tend to believe there is a lot less going on nowadays, playing and modding wise.

But my ElmAtlas texture mod recieved over 700 views, and over 60 unique downloads, within 12 hours of release.

That tells me its still far from dead & forgotten.

It better not be dead, I'm still working on my mods!

I mean, it's taking forever because I'm not an artist, half the time I don't know what I'm doing (I just tried applying one omod to multiple armo items via multiple keywords and it didn't work, back to the drawing board), and I was sick as a dog from November to February, but I AM working on them.

I might consider it once I get a laptop. I have always wanted to dabble in and create mods for Fallout and Skyrim.

I am really not a fan of 'gaming laptops'. To me, that's a misnomer. There really isn't any such thing. They are extremely limited in hardware, there are no upgrades, aside from maybe more ram, and there is the VERY rare laptop that allows you to upgrade the vid card, but, those are EXTREMELY rare.... if one component fails, the whole thing is toast, unless you want to send it in for repair.... (not cheap.) And they are hideously expensive as well. For the money you spend on a 'gaming capable' laptop, you could build a REALLY nice desktop.

I might consider it once I get a laptop. I have always wanted to dabble in and create mods for Fallout and Skyrim.

I am really not a fan of 'gaming laptops'. To me, that's a misnomer. There really isn't any such thing. They are extremely limited in hardware, there are no upgrades, aside from maybe more ram, and there is the VERY rare laptop that allows you to upgrade the vid card, but, those are EXTREMELY rare.... if one component fails, the whole thing is toast, unless you want to send it in for repair.... (not cheap.) And they are hideously expensive as well. For the money you spend on a 'gaming capable' laptop, you could build a REALLY nice desktop.

Most of that, isn't true (anymore).

I configured mine myself, with an i9 10th gen and geforce RTX, the (then) fastest SSD's & ram. All 'desktop versions'. Nothing rare about that (anymore)

All at a price >below< that of a comparable Dell gaming PC.

You where right, some 10 years ago. (at least on my part of the globe)

I configured mine myself, with an i9 10th gen and geforce RTX, the (then) fastest SSD's & ram. All 'desktop versions'. Nothing rare about that (anymore)

A desktop video card in a laptop????? Now there is something I have never seen. Got a link?

A desktop video card in a laptop????? Now there is something I have never seen. Got a link?

Sure, straight from my source, but its in dutch though: https://www.xnotebooks.nl/shop/laptops/xnb-titan-rl17-nvidia-rtx-3060-rtx-3080-desktop/

= 17" gaming laptop with a RTX 3060 or 3080 (Desktop version) & i5/7/9 desktop CPU.

Pretty the same as I have (the titan casing), but mine is 1,5 years old already

Edited by RoNin1971