⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

FileFront closing its doors - Not anymore!!!

Dark0ne

There is the possibility that this is all a clever ruse, of course. April 1st isn't a million miles away.

If it isn't a joke, then it'll be sad to see it go. The Stalker community was very active up until a short while ago, and I suppose it's lucky there are other forums we can migrate to.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never used it, but it's sad to see so many goodies gone. I feel sorry for those who used filefront as theyer main download site. I could not imagine having no nexus... :(

These are dark times indeed... Filefront was a great site and will be sorely missed.

Where will I get my CoH files now?!

They had the very best mods, maps, and others for CoH and DoW (and many other games as well)... I really have no idea where I'll get them now...

Edited by nsswat

"I never used it, but..."

That's the thing though, isn't it? Websites we drop into occasionally aren't going to find it easy to survive in a harsh economic climate. If they don't get the eyeball count they won't get the advertising revenue. Click those TESnexus ads even if you hate them.

"There is the possibility that this is all a clever ruse, of course. April 1st isn't a million miles away. "

That would be a totally pointless ruse.

A quick browse around the site and you quickly get the sense of all that will be lost. There are tons of games, and multiple file categories under each with hundreds of files under each game. Just think of all that file data history going up in smoke.

It was so easy to go there and check into some older games and quickly find the most downloaded or the largest files in your favorite categories.

It just makes me sick to think it is all going into the trash. Too bad it cannot be salvaged.

And as for the possible "clever ruse" comment, nope...the admin and staff were all fired and accounts locked out. It is a done deal. I am glade they gave the community a little bit of time to prepare rather than just going dark though. ** hats off to them **

LHammonds

Oh man... This f'in sucks... I love Filefront, I have so many fond memories of that site, I can still remember downloading my first mod ever from there, the Stormtrooper Sith soldier replacer for Knights of the Old Republic... And now it's all going to just dissappear, where will all those users go? What will they do?

Oh man... They even shut down the forums, I can't even say a proper good bye :(... Oh well, I guess this'll have to do.

Farewell Filefront, We'll never forget all the good times and great mods, you'll always live on in the hearts of your many devoted users... We'll miss you, old buddie.