Steam Version not working.

Deleted2714851User

For some reason I cannot seem to load up Oblivion. I bought the GOTY Deluxe Edition of the game, which from what I have read seems to have issues on steam. I would click on OblivionLauncher.exe, then the launch menu would pull up. After I click play the menu closes, but the game never opens. Oblivion appears in my Task Manager as well, but again the game is not on screen visually. I have no idea what happened, I downloaded a fresh install and Launched a fresh Vanilla game but to no avail the same outcome persist.

I feel as though the Steam copy is bugged and do not see a way to fix it. I would try a crack, but I do not wanna risk a ban from Steam for trying to play a game I paid for but won't work.

EDIT: Ok, I was researching trying to find a way to fix it when Oblivion launched out of no where. The problem isn't Oblivion not launching, it's that Oblivion is taking 10-15 minutes TO launch.

16GB DDr5 Ram

3.9GHz Quad Core i7 3770k

Radeon HD 7770 1gb GDDr5

^^Seriously? what the f***? Shouldn't be taking that long.

EDIT2: Ok, found out why it was taking forever, it was too busy uninstalling Oblivion so that it can reinstall itself to launch Oblivion -.-" I really, do not know what's going on, anybody ever get this kind of problem? Where you click to play the game just to have it uninstall and then reinstall just to play it?! I mean what the f*#@? It's obviously a Steam problem as there is no other reason I can think of :\

Edited by Guest

Try deleting My Documents\My Games\oblivion\Oblivion.ini. It will require you to set your screen resolution and graphics settings again, but often the game doesn't run because of funny settings in the ini.

BTW, the Steam version is a tried and tested version and many mod makers use it without problems. Never download a cracked version - it will cause you no end of problems especially after you start adding mods.