Powered Doors/Gates

Asarjan

Hey guys I need some help with my mod.

There are doors and a garage door in the game that only open when they are powered.

I'd like the same for some of my doors/gates... so I took a look at the garage door that came into the game with one of the workshop DLC's.

Unfortunately, I found out that this behavior (open when powered) was created here via Havok animations.

I've been watching some Havok animation related tutorials... e.g. FALLOUT 4 ANIMATION KIT.

The problem here is that all tutorials are character based and the tools are kinda outdated. Although I manage to convert the hkx files to 32-bit, they simply cannot be converted to fbx format.

my question:

Is there an easier way to assign this behavior (open when powered/ close when unpowered) to a door?

(simple animations for doors are no problem for me)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards

You mean you want

1. The doors to automatically pen when they receive power externally

2. The doors can only be opened when they receive power?

I think you could achieve something with

Event OnPowerOn(ObjectReference akPowerGenerator)
EndEvent

Maybe play around with making doors into activator or movable statics (So they cannot be opened manually)

and handle their animation via script, using:

PlayGamebryoAnimation(string asAnimation, bool abStartOver = false, float afEaseInTime = 0.0) native

Ok that sounds what i wanna have and it seems a lot easier than to do it via the havok-animation. Sadly i didnt work that much with scripts.

Do you know if that will work with workshop doors? Because all my doors/ gates will be placeable in workshop mode in the game

I make these doors with regular vanilla sequence. unpoweredOff, on, off, unpoweredOn. Sequence On - animation to open the door, Sequence unpoweredOff - animation to close the door.

These dome blinds looks really cool :)

Can you explain me how you do this with the sequences? Or do you have some links to tutorials for me?

I make these doors with regular vanilla sequence. unpoweredOff, on, off, unpoweredOn. Sequence On - animation to open the door, Sequence unpoweredOff - animation to close the door.

These dome blinds looks really cool :)

Can you explain me how you do this with the sequences? Or do you have some links to tutorials for me?

have you installed max 2013 and official plugins?

have you installed max 2013 and official plugins?

Yes i have 3ds max 2013, havok content tools 2014 and the nif import/export plugin.
Find a tutorial on creating animated doors. Available on the Nexus. Everything is done in exactly the same way using gemebryo animation manager. But instead of the "Open" and "Close" sequences, use the sequences On, UnpoweredOn, Off, UnpoweredOff. Morph tags are not needed. In the Extra Info Tags fields, you can write the names of sound descriptors in ck if they are needed for each sequence. Next, save as pe anim. Swipe through Elrich. Open nif in nifscop. Copy to your nif BsBehaviorGraphExtraData and the desired bs conect point. The power connection point is called P-WS-Snap, connections via conduits - P-Conduit01.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/_HmJ2z2YqhfLyg

https://disk.yandex.ru/a/Q1j606sj5uAZsw