• Foobar Media Player
    • QuickTime Media Player
    • Real Player Media player
    • VLC Media Player
    • Windows Media Player
    • Itunes Media Player
    • Songbird Media Player
    • KMPlayer Media Player

HI its Thor again with a large poll for the first and second time?, i can't remember when i last posted one lol.

Witch media player do you think is the best one out of them all ?.

Edit-If i missed any please post them.

The one i think is the best one out of them all would be Winamp, i think its quite amazing with its 5.1 surround support and its 24bit upconverting. Not to mention its Plugins.

I have to agree that VLC is a great media-DVD player, it plays anything and i mean that.

But winamp is great for Streaming audio like shoutcast and playing your mp3's. and also the visualizers are the best.

I guess it depends on what criteria one uses to define what is best.

I usually use Winamp for play lists, and other long files, but have also started using an application called zoom player (http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/) for more random audio files so that it doesn't interfere with my winamp playlists. The benefit of zoom player is that it doesn't keep the last file it opened within its list when opened again, allows for limited play list options, and can also play movie files, among other things.

Although windows media player might be a bit better suited to playing music from CDs, I was always bugged by how it frequently called home and kept track of what files were played. Not that I listen to or download (legally or otherwise) music when I'm on my PC very often, but it's that whole "big brother" thing that bothers me.