Good Mods That I (and other people) Should Install

Fidget56

I don't use mods that add quests because of the fact Oblivion has voice acting for everything, no voices would be annoying, so would fan made voices (like the horrible Valen Dreth Custom Race fix) haha.

some of the more popular quests, like those from the modder Simyaz, have voice files included. if that's the only reason you won't take it, then you'll be pleasantly surprised. just look for the quest mods that are fairly massive,as voice files require large amounts of space, while the scripting for them does not (most of the time). I can tell you from experience, Simyaz's voice actors are experienced and they sound like they belong in oblivion as much as the emperor's voice does (Even though it is different)

better cities or open better cities( a must! you dont enjoy oblivion till you installed this mod)

Unique landscape( kinda hard to install if you are running many mods but its worth it. same as above)

elder council, fort akatosh, guards of cyrodiil ( the empire and the legion were, IMO, unexistens in vanilla game, this mods solve this problem)

lost spires ( i read archealogy and i thought " BORIIING". how mistaken i was. a really epic mod with voice acting)

OWA animation replacers( include hand to hand, acrobatics, get up, dual wielding. really adds dinamic to the game)

DMC stylish (i prefer this one over OWA's sword replacer but oh well personal tastes. they are both great)

frostcrag reborn ( frostcrag as it should have been in the first place. huuuge dungeon to explore)

gates to aesgaard (both episodes, long new world to explore a huge quest)

slofs mods ( all are great id take pages to describe each greatness individually)

Divine Avenger companion ( same as slof, many great mods, cant descirbe)

pale_riders armors (AGAIN same as above)

Apachii stores (both heroes and goddess, clothing for male and femal alike)

DBS rebuilt (:O now youll be afraid of entering the dark brotherhood)

well thats it for now enjoy!

Here are my favorite armor and weapon mods. they are all considered lore-friendly

Recommended Mods for Oblivion

Armor and Weapons (Considered lore-friendly) (Vanilla Bodies)

Guardians of the Nine Part I - Akatosh Chantry

Hel Bornes Ayleid Longsword

Hel Bornes Elven Sunbreaker Shortsword

Hel Bornes Morrowind Style Wooden Staff for OB Hel Bornes Morrowind Style Chitin Armor-Weapons

Hel Bornes Morrowind Style Dwemer Weapones

Hel Bornes Crude Glass Knife

Armor of the Fallen

Ancient Silver Armor

Blue Destinys Paladin Armor

Daedric Lord Armor

Daedric Trap Weapons

Kynareth Armory

-w2drs21

• 1 year later...
I would have to say, Adonnay's elven weaponry, any of Jojjo's Armor mods, Natural Environments, Companion Vilja, The MERP MOD, MERP & Blade MERP ModDB site, video of M&B when it comes out will be awesome (I am beta testing it now), Heart of the Dead, The Lost Spires, any or all of Emma's homes, see my post, Templar Castle, Hoarfrost Castle