Lex3x

My sincerest apologies if this has already been done or suggested. I searched around for quite a while, but found nothing to suggest that either of those are the case.

After playing around with the Dragonborn DLC, (yes, I know I'm rather late on getting to it...) I couldn't help but find myself wishing there were a mod that made Bristlebacks available to you to ride. I've even thought of a lore friendly, quest included way to make this happen, if any modder were to take an interest.

Due to the fact that Bristlbacks are much too small for the dragonborn to ride, I imagined it wouldn't be lore-breaking to include a quest somewhat attached to the (possible spoiler to misc quests ahead:)

Reikling questline at the Thirsk Hall area. Maybe something along the lines of the Reiklings having spotted a rather large and elusive bristleback, and noting that they would not be strong enough to tame it for themselves, and ask the Dragonborn if they would like to seek it themselves. I think it would have fit quite nicely at the end of the few quests the little guys give you to become a friend of their kin.

In any case, I assumed it might not be -too- difficult to implement, considering the bristlebacks are fully animated (unlike the many sabre cat mount mods, where the animation is all sorts of messed up) and it would be a simple matter of resizing. Then again, I have no idea what it takes to mod, so I could be completely wrong.

I doubt this will get much attention, considering how late I am on getting so deeply into Skyrim, and that many modders seem to be inactive these days; but I figured I'd post this here just in case anyone finds an interest in taking this mod request on! Thanks so much for reading!

Edited by LexiRexi

Hello there! Glad to see another Skyrim fan. Here's a link for you that has a Bristleback Mount (Otherwise known as a Wild Boar) among other creatures. You should definitely check it out. I think the creature mounts are located on Solstheim though outside Raven Rock.

Here's the link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31538//?

Hello there! Glad to see another Skyrim fan. Here's a link for you that has a Bristleback Mount (Otherwise known as a Wild Boar) among other creatures. You should definitely check it out. I think the creature mounts are located on Solstheim though outside Raven Rock.

Here's the link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31538//?

I was kinda hoping for a standalone, however I may give this one a try! Only thing I'm a tad worried about with this is the clutter of the other mounts. I only have an interest in the boars, and I'm not sure how many of these creatures will be roaming about with this mod. I suppose I'll have to test it to see. :P

Thanks!