having trouble with midwest power armor evolution

eckthellion

im trying to get the 4k midwest power uhd to work with midwest power evolution, but everytime i install them together in vortex and run the game it doesnt change the armor to the 4k version. any thoughts would be greatly apreciated. theres also a wierd bug im encountering with the headlamp where it doesnt come out of the eyes, not sure whats going on.

it doesnt seem like the 4k repiaint is loading for some odd reason, i have texture mod loading after midwest power armor evolution, but when i actually go in game its only the standard version. doesnt seem to upgrade the textures. not sure whats going.

There is no esl/esp file for that mod. It's just a texture replacer. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45510?tab=files

My guess is that you install the mod with a mod installer? If so it's entirely possible that whichever installer that you used doesn't put mods directly into your fallout 4 data folder, and instead uses it's own directories for installation.

Easy way to find out if the updated files are installed correctly is to go into your fallout 4/data folder, and then open up the folder listed if you click on the Preview File Contents link underneath the Mod Manager Download button.

In windows explorer, or whatever you use, RIGHT click on one of the texture files, choose PROPERTIES and see if it corresponds to the file size listed in the mod Preview Files list.

If it doesn't then you may need to install the files manually, but by downloading the mod, extracting it using winzip, peazip, winrar, whatever it is that you use, and then copy and paste them into BoS PA folder, and clicking Yes, when it asks if you want to over-write them.

Edited by StormWolf01

it doesnt seem like the 4k repiaint is loading for some odd reason, i have texture mod loading after midwest power armor evolution, but when i actually go in game its only the standard version. doesnt seem to upgrade the textures. not sure whats going.

yea, im using vortex atm for my mods.

where exactly do i finde the BoS PA folder? Would that be in the fallout folder in steamapps or am i looking for something else?

Sorry, I have mine in a custom folder from pc, from a dvd/download install.

The Data Folder is there inside your fallout 4 folder. from there you just open it following the tree shown in the file preview on the mod page.

Fallout 4/Data/Textures/Newermind43/Actors/BoS PA

Once you're in your Data folder, it's buried about 3 folders into the directories.

Hope this helps :)