Is there a console command to make an NPC a follower?

Guest deleted2027229

Guest deleted2027229

You could even go as far as to create generic topics that add the script package. This way you just talk to any npc, tell them to follow/wait/go back. Additionally a spell could be used, whatever strikes your fancy.

How do I do that? Can you confirm or deny Kingtitan's method works? I haven't had chance to try it yet.

Edited by WanderRA

You could even go as far as to create generic topics that add the script package. This way you just talk to any npc, tell them to follow/wait/go back. Additionally a spell could be used, whatever strikes your fancy.

How do I do that? Can you confirm or deny Kingtitan's method works? I haven't had chance to try it yet.

I have not tested such a method, as my followers will use flags too control when they will use a 'follow' AI.

EG:

I have created a package which makes npc follow player, but they only perform the package if follow == true. (this belongs in the conditions block of the package)

Follow is set as a script variable on the NPC.

set followerRef.follow to 1 ;1 means follower begins following

followerRef.evp ;makes the follower update their AI

But I imagine if you were to go the dialogue route, the script would look like:

addScriptPackage FollowPlayer

evp

Of course, you will want to add topics to dismiss the follower as well:

removeScriptPackage FollowPlayer

evp

It will be a bit of work to sort out the details but this may be useful as a starting point

Edited by ArmlessWunder

Guest deleted2027229

I tried addscriptpackage followplayer via the console after clicking an NPC and it didn't work.... any idea why it didn't work if it's an actual command the game uses?

Edited by WanderRA

Guest deleted2027229

That's too bad, console command for companions would make all companion mods obsolete. I really just want to recruit a guard here and there, nothing too deep or fleshed out.

Edited by WanderRA

Take a look at Fluffy Follower Frill (by no means perfect but it works ... look through the comments for an idea of some of it's limitations).

Using the console (addscriptpackage 9828a) is less reliable than Fluffy and has even more limitations.