Electric Chainlink Fence (Or Chainlink with Trigger Zone)

Zorkaz

The player? Hell, I want this to put around the bed that Preston Gravey uses! :D :D :D

I want this mod too, I can think of all kinds of useful applications for it!

T'would be absolutely hilarious to add an animation of dogmeat hiking his leg, when he gets close to it, then lets out a yelp! :D

Edited by StormWolf01

I can make a fence. Electric or laser. But I don't know how to trigger damage effect on the character. To be shocked, or cut off a limb, and not just killed instantly. I've made "traps", but they kill npc, or the player on spot collision, without any trigger. Edited by South8028

Basically you'd want a script like this

Spell Property TheSpell Auto

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference AkActionRef)

TheSpell.cast(AkActionRef)

EndEvent

And create a spell (Fire and Forget \ Self) with Energy Damage or some custom Magic Effect

I certainly like the idea and could see the utility of such a mod, and if I understand Zorkaz's modus operandi we'll probably see said mod appear in the future. :happy:

In "Starship Troopers 2 Hero of the Federation" there was a powerful electric fence. A thick electric arc effect can be made from a bunch of splines by linking the spline vertices with helpers using the link Xform modifier and applying the Noise modifier. Then you need to export the animation to fbx and import it back to max. When imported, the Noise modifier is baked into the animation of the mesh. You will get lightning splines that you can assign bsEffectFx to. But what else? What sequences, collision types, do you need a trigger zone collision directly in nif? In general, we need the structure of the nif of the trap from the point of view of 3d max.

Idk know a lot about this but I was thinking of the same triggerzone used in the bath scale trap. No animations needed I'd say as long as the spell/magiceffect gets applied to an NPC.

The rest can be set up in CK via scripts and keywords. I think the Chainlink fence is great because you can set it so it can transfer power to other snapped objects too.

Idk know a lot about this but I was thinking of the same triggerzone used in the bath scale trap. No animations needed I'd say as long as the spell/magiceffect gets applied to an NPC.

The rest can be set up in CK via scripts and keywords. I think the Chainlink fence is great because you can set it so it can transfer power to other snapped objects too.

https://youtu.be/v4lU0GECQ-U

I have roughly understood the principle. I copied the sequences from the vanilla trap. But maybe we should loop the effect and adjust addOnNode's so that the lightning strikes from above instead of below, and so that it is an always-on fence, not a trap. I will also try to experiment with other sequences.