Active mods not showing up ingame

Halexion

Hey all

I am having a very strange problem. I recently felt like playing some FO4 again, so i started it up after not touching it for a while. All my old mods are working fine, but new mods simply don't work.

New mods are downloaded and installed fine, but do not show up ingame. As an example, I was able to rebuild a clothing mod with bodyslide and load it up in outfit studio which displayed it without any problems. It's plugin is enabled and there are no error messages about it. It just doesn't show up in game, and I cant find it with the 'help' command. I tried creating a new mod profile with just CBBE, bodyslide, another life and the clothing mod to eliminate conflicts with other mods, and again, the new mod simply doesn't appear ingame.

the clothing mod is just an example but it seems to extend to other kinds of mods I've tried as well.

The last time i played was 10 months ago, at which time i was able to install new mods without problems, and i haven't touched anything with it since.

Heyas Halexion. I think I know exactly what is going on. Quite some time back (IF I remember correctly it was the .162 update??) Bethesda altered the version number on .esl and .esp and .esm file headers. The byproduct of them doing that was that the new version of the game would not read mods that had the old header. AND that older versions of the game, would not read files with the new game I meant header version number. Sowwy!

In essence, they created a version incompatibility.

However. The modding community very quickly got on the problem, and were able to fix Beth's screw up.

Give this a try. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

See if that fixes the problem that you're having.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Edited by StormWolf01

That fixed it. New mods are working now. What a strange thing to do six years after the game came out, but Todd Howard gonna Todd Howard i guess.

Thank you for your help Stormwolf, very much appreciated.

Now if I have ever seen a truer statement, not sure I can remember it. :D

Todd/Beth do some TRULY odd things.... for no apparent reason. Some days, I wonder if they have brainstorming sessions: "How can we screw modders today?"

That fixed it. New mods are working now. What a strange thing to do six years after the game came out, but Todd Howard gonna Todd Howard i guess.

Nooooo Problem Halexion! Really glad that it helped! :)

Yeah, back in those days, Beth caused a massive MESS for the gamers, and here on the nexus, when they did that. :dry:

If you're interested, read on. if not, skip the next paragraph, LOL.

Essentially, Beth has started SELLING their own mods, via the Creation Club. All of the mods they sell there, are in .esl format. Since they wanted to sell as many of those mods as they possibly could, they had to engineer a way for the game's hard-coded mod limit to be.... expanded. As .esl files count differently to the load order than .esp files do. Their "solution" was the new file header system, to accomodate a massively increased number of .esl files to the hard code limit.

But, they turned us around and bent us over, on the mods that didn't come from Them, in the process. Accident or intent? Dunno LOL

But yeah, awesome quote there. Oh so true!

Todd/Beth do some TRULY odd things.... for no apparent reason. Some days, I wonder if they have brainstorming sessions: "How can we screw modders today?"

I think he uses the same team as the current whitehouse administration......

I think he uses the same team as the current whitehouse administration......

That would certainly explain a lot....... :)