Setting a maximum carry weight.

Thicketford

This isn't a mod request, but I'd like people's thoughts on the idea.

The first thing I do on a new character is drop my carry weight down to 100 and rely on back packs, bandoliers etc. to add extra carry weight. I figure that 100 pounds is what a character could carry with them without any kind of storage. e.g. A full suit of armor, bow and arrows and 2 or 3 weapons.

Lets say this character is strong enough to potentially carry 130lbs of equipment. You equip them with a backpack of +50lbs and their carry weight jumps to 150. Would it be possible to impose some kind of restriction so that the carry weight doesn't go over 130 regardless of what you equip?

This 'maximum' or 'potential' would obviously go higher when you put a point into stamina at level up.

TL:DR version - Is it possible to implement a hidden value that carry weight couldn't exceed regardless of backpacks and bandoliers etc.

Edited by Thicketford

Yes. A script could be written that compares an added item weight to the remaining carry weight (max weight - current weight) and prevents the player from carrying any more than the specified value. Whether that be the max carry weight or a fixed value like 130.

However, I ignored carry weight all together and used a bag of holding mod to carry anything I did not need on my person till I could get to a merchant to sell it.