Any unowned bed in or near Whiterun?

Integrater

Why not install some form of camping mod so you can have a bedroll to hand where ever you go? :D

Not sure about vanilla though.. Oblivion had lots of empty bedrolls and homeless populations.. you just don't see them apart from in Riften.

I need to sleep and I rarely have enough money for a room, it's getting on my nerves not having anywhere to sleep.

You rarely have 10 gp for a room? Why on Nirn not? Are you playing a Cheapskate Miser Mod or something?

Please tell me there is an unowned bed nearby, somewhere in Whiterun or close-by.

Not that I know of, but there are several camping mods that let you pitch a tent and sleep outside the city. I have Play as a Bard, so I just sing for my supper and get a free room and board for the night.

~.~

I need to sleep and I rarely have enough money for a room, it's getting on my nerves not having anywhere to sleep.

You rarely have 10 gp for a room? Why on Nirn not? Are you playing a Cheapskate Miser Mod or something?

Or maybe, you know, a mod that makes room prices a little more realistic for roleplaying purposes.

You can stay in riverwood in house of blacksmith or lumbermill lady, depending on who you was following out of helgen.

But this works only if you started mq line as usual, not with alternative start