Any unowned bed in or near Whiterun?

Integrater

Or maybe, you know, a mod that makes room prices a little more realistic for roleplaying purposes.

He didn't mention any mods.

And what would be a realistic price for a room for the night? 50 gp? 100 gp?

If he doesn't have that much, he must be doing something wrong.

~.~

Hehe. this is easy.

Option A) Go to Bannered Mare and brawl Uthgerd. Have her join you as a follower, take the key to her house and dismiss her. Bam, you have a crash pad in Whiterun forever.

Option B) Just pick the lock to her house and go to sleep.

Added: Option B isn't an option, choose Option A.

Added: I guess if he doesn't have any money, then Option A isn't really an option either - since he needs 100 gold to brawl her. In that case, just beat up Mikael, get paid and then either brawl Uthgerd or just pay for your room. :D

Edited by fraquar

Correction: if he doesn't have that, he's doing something differently than you. There is no "wrong" way to play Skyrim. That's kind of it's main thing, really.

Doing something different? Like what? Never picking up any loot, never picking up any gold and never selling anything?

I can get that. Maybe only making money through working for farmers and woodcutters; but he's got to be able to get enough gold for a room even by doing that. Unless he's trying to play with no income at all and only using equipment he finds and never selling it.

But if so, I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

~.~

Well if I'm allowed to "advertise" a mod, you could try one I made.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o5frz61pky72f19

It's a little sleeping area above the main gate entrance. Made it cause I was ultra lazy and hated walking the extra distance to my breezehome.(Plus Lydia would annoy me)

http://www.servimg.com/u/f81/17/99/83/83/01_01s11.jpg

There's a ladder directly to the left when you first enter whiterun.

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys you've been a real help.

I'm playing the most extremely hardcore play through I can. I have 255 ESM/ESP's in my load order (the max bash will allow). I have only just managed to finish my first dungeon the difficulty is so high (im like level 19). I have it set to Legendary, I'm using SkyRE too, realistic needs and diseased, frostfall, I'm playing as a clothes-wearing mage and get one shotted by everything. The prices of everything are modified to be more realistic so things cost more yes(well rooms do). I have realistic carry weight too so I can hardly carry anything and I'm not using any followers (although I'm temped to try Inigo).

It's really intense and extremely difficult, i'm loving it.

You can draw some giants and mammoths into the Moonforge. I think you might also have to lure the indoor bandits outside as well ... I can't remember if there are any sleeping pallets outdoors or not.

Okay that's kind of a pain in the rear, isn't it? I've actually died attempting this "easy money" so maybe not ...

"Join the Companions" was a pretty good idea ... that's about the quickest way from here to there. I've died doing that, too, so make sure if you're Level 1 on Legendary you smack Vilkas with a shield before scoring your one hit that ends the training. He'll kill you in one shot otherwise.

Marry Uthgerd, crash at her place. You'll have to win a fistfight first, and without a dozen healing potions she'll clobber you. Okay never mind.

This is quite the challenge you've posed. Where's the bed nearest Whiterun that doesn't require fighting or paying to sleep in?

The "not wanting to spend money" thing is possibly part of an efficient leveling plan. If you trade gold ore at Kolskegger you can avoid training the Speech skill for several levels. If you don't trade gold at Kolskegger you can accomplish the same by scrounging for a free bed ...

• 5 years later...

Rest anywhere Spell?

can;t remember Mod name but this spell is fully animated and allow you to sleep there where you stay

also you can sit to regenerate your stamina and knee to regenerate your magicka :x

you can just find nice place to sleep then use this spell and choice "sleep"

short animation and you can choice for how long you want sleep then you can press Space to stay