Shivering Isles..

Scyris

I have to admit, Cyrodiil is a fairly boring place, there really is nothing special about it when you think of it, Any mods out there to spice Cyrodiil up? make it intersting like SI? Because I am getting fairly bored with Cyrodiil, everything looks the same with little to no variety to the wildlife or to the buildings etc.

that was kind of the point of SI - I believe one of the designers said that they thought it would be fun to go somewhere really colorful and fairly random after about 120 hours of nothing but gray stone. if you don't like Cyrodiil, why ever leave the isles?

Shivering Isles is amazing, no doubt. I put off going there until I had accomplished quite a bit in Cyrodil. I also had only been using one or two mods up to that point as well. Once I got in there and got into the quests, Cyrodil was all but forgotten as I worked my up to as much domination over the Isles as possible. I loved the split concept and the two Houses and the poitical implications and the look of the lands, not to mention the main, underlying quest and Sheogorath's entertaining persona. I, at one point, thought I might never leave to go back and finish up what was left in Cyrodil (the Main Quest, for instance). But now that I have downloaded a bunch more mods, I have found myself equally enjoying both lands. I did not download anything to "spruce up" the look of Cyrodil, but I have found myself still interested in what it has to offer. I might, suggest, though, that in addition to other mods suggested, you try some of the mods that add new quests/plots. I find some of the modders here are on par or better than what was offered by Bethseda. Just look around for new landscapes, lands, quests, etc., and I am sure you will find many things to make Cyrodil seem just as interesting (if not moreso) than the Shivering Isles.

following that suggestion, I say go for one of the three (or four, really) quests offered by the modder Simyaz. "The legacy", one of his mods, actually got mentioned in a magazine because of how good it is, and he since combined it with another one of his quests to make Tears of the Fiend. the other two that he did are Ruined-Tail's tale and MALEVOLENT. he always seems to find interesting ways to tie the different stories, like Alessia from Tears of the Fiend talking about meeting an argonian Named Ruined-tail once

Archived