My Skyrim just crashed and reset everything

scar5290

So I was just playing Skyrim as usual, when it all of a sudden crashed, which happens often so I wasn't too worried, but when I came back in It had reset all my mods. So I ended up losing all my progress with those mods, which I was almost finished with. So anyway does anyone have any idea why this happened, It's never happened before, and I was really far into this playthrough, so I just wanna quit Skyrim altogether, but I still wanna know how and why this happened since its complete bull****. Please and thank you.

I use MO2 by the way, and have 554 active mods with 628 active plugins. It's worked just fine for the past couple weeks with the odd CTD every 6-10 hours of playtime but other than that it worked fine.

P.S does anyone know how to make a copy of the load order

Check to make sure they are all still enabled.

I switched to Vortex a while back so my memory isn't fresh, but I believe MO2 has an option where you can select a save file and have MO2 activate all the mods that were used on that save, in the correct load order. That should fix most problems.

ok thanks, I went back to check and all the mods and plugins that were active before were still active save for 1 of them which wasn't all that important. Other than that every thing else is active, I do have some files in the overwrite directory, but It's always been there and I just don't touch it, since last time I did everything broke.

And as I was writing this I was going out and back in and found out that if I save it normally and then load that save it resets all my mods, and It does this no matter which save I load, once I save it and try to load the new save It resets everything, I'm gonna cry, I got so far and I'm probably gonna have to start a new game or just quit.

It really does sound similar, it's almost exactly what's been happening to mine except it doesn't crash or have any other problems aside from erasing everything, and treating it like I just installed all these mods, but I haven't done anything, and the only correlation I can find is that I had downloaded the "new bard songs" mod but that's just correlation not causation.