Is there a game that has this?

Lip

The thing is, when you get into the type of thing of leading an army, you no longer are in an RPG. That turns into a RTS. Important figure? Yeah, a lot of games have that, where people will kowtow to you when you're seen.

The nearest I can think to the king on RPG is the Kvatch Aftermath mod (I think Kvatch Rebuild do it too) that allows you to become Count, and there were plans to extend the influence through the Elder's Council too. But don't know if the mods are yet available. Ah, those are mods for Oblivion.

PS: Say so because you have to work your way to become noble, there. And perform some actions for your people and city, as a whole.

Ugh. There was this one RPG on the Xbox? where you could be a king, or something, and command minions to do your bidding. Demons, if I recall. If ya can remember the name, let me know....

PureSnipe: The game you're thinking of is Overlord. Lets you lead a few minions. Sort of a modern day rip-off of Dungeon Keeper.

However, I cannot believe that NONE of you haven't mentioned Mount&Blade yet. It's an RPG/RTS hybrid, placing you as a freelance commander at the start of the game, and you can become a vassal to one of the existing nations (and yes, you can capture villages, castles and cities) - or say screw the lot of them and found your own. Also, the game is freaking sweet once you start modding it. Yes, that's right, it's a lot like Oblivion in that regard. You can download it from THIS SITE and play the whole thing, unrestricted, until you hit level 8.

EDIT: Fixed my aversion to negatives :P

Does mount and blade let you become a King?? :O :O

Anyway I was gonna ask, Ive been interested in that game for some time, is it just like Oblivion?

It has some similarities to Oblivion. Combat system is fairly close - except once on horse. Oblivion should have had an horse-based combat system like MnB right from the start. Closest description I could give would be, get Medieval 2 (just dumb the economy/city-building aspects down) and then mash it into Oblivion.

As I said, it's an RPG/RTS hybrid. It only falls into the modern-day definition of RPG by the fact of leveling, character advancement of you and your troops - there isn't a whole lot on the plot side of things (country is at war, yadayada etc etc). Vanilla MnB is okay for playing as your own kingdom, but it really shines with either the Lords and Realms mod (easy to play), or the Native Expansion mod (punishing to play - not for the faint hearted, or newbies) - this really takes being the King/Queen to a better level - recruiting vassals, bossing them around, giving them castles/villages/cities.

Ok thanks very very VERY much guys :D.

:thanks:

But just basically as a yes or no answer lol, can you play as a King in M&B?

Or maybe can you play as one with one of the expansions included?

Im playing it now and its very addictive :P. I know you can advance in ranks, and I really want to advance so high as to replace one of the Kings and become King of that Kingdom :)

In vanilla MnB, no, you cant be a king - just a warlord (still the ruler though). To do that, capture towns and castles when you aren't a vassal of any nation.

And I hate to put a dampener on you hopes, but you can't replace the kings of an empire. I raged at that immensely, which is why I went and got those mods.

Archived