Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

Well..... how should I have a token set up?

Right now, I just copied the combat helmet entry, renamed it to fire token, and then edited some stats to zero and made it unplayable. I'm thinking that Protector Casdin might be trying to equip it or something, and that's causing the problem.

Let's see

ID: FireToken

Name: Fire Token

Script: None

Weight: 0.0 Light

Health: 0 AR: 0

Value: 0

Object Effect: None

Repair Item List: RepairCombatArmorHelmet

EquipType: HeadWear

Biped Model List: None

Pickup Sound: UIItemsClothingUp

Putdown Sound: UIItemsClothingDown

Linked to: Hair, Headband, Hat

Hope that's readable.

The strange thing is, I made another token use an ammo type item. Same error occurs.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armor tokens are ok, tho remove the linked to. I believe you can make it player only and playable, am i right? if you can, then that'd prevent npcs from equipping it.

Other than that, check if casidin haves a script attached, perhaps that's what causing the issue.

I actually did try to make the object at first but when I put it into the world the item would become untouchable, in that I could not highlight it or move it at all, I also tryed using a mod created mannequins and placing them in world, but just like a movie with the same name they came to life lol.

I actually did try to make the object at first but when I put it into the world the item would become untouchable, in that I could not highlight it or move it at all

That's what you asked for. Static objects ARE untouchable. Like walls and lamps and tables.

Perhaps what you wanted was an activator?. It may need a bit of scripting tho.

As what you want seems to be on the scripting realm, perhaps this would be helpful to you:

http://tinyurl.com/c3s8yn

I'm simply a noob who is very new to the modding scene, and in going from adding Oblivion mods to Fallout 3 mods wanted to know what the "Archiveinvalidation" stuff people mention is all about (something unique to fallout 3 I'm guessing).

Also, has someone created a streamlined mod manager compatible with mods for Fallout 3 or was that less feasible with this particular game?

How do I remove a texture without replacing it, in Nifskope?

I copied a scope im working on over the stripdata for an existing scope, but I cant get rid of the environment map and the _m whatever that one is.

edit: I keep asking the stupidest questions and then kicking myself when i figure it out. Im banning myself from this thread

I'm messing around with scripts and formlists at the moment. I've got an automatic scrapping machine all working nicely which takes all items contained in a specific formlist that the player is carrying, removes them, then adds scrap metal back to the player's inventory. This works great, except that I really need a way to stop it from chewing up whatever the player happens to have equipped as well as unequipped items.

At this point I'm stumped, I've been trying various things with GetEquipped, but I can't think of a way to actually get a list of what the player is currently equipped with (bearing in mind I'm drawing from formlists for the specific types of item to remove from his inventory, so I need a way to stop it removing equipped stuff at the same time) and a way to remove those items and store them in a temp container, then do my recycling of junk into scrap metal, then reclaim the items from the container and add them back to the player and re-equip them (or just a check for what is equipped and then ignore those items). Possibly I've bitten off more than I can chew heh, but if anyone can point me to any useful functions or techniques for doing something like this I'd be grateful :)

edit: something similar I'm having problems with is removing items (weapon and armour that have a health value) from inventory and placing the same items into a container automatically, but keeping the condition of the item intact. Same as above, I can't find a way to store the conditions of every weapon or armour in inventory and restore those values when adding the items to a container.

edit2: Found an interesting function called RemoveAllItems (thanks to remembering that ThePitt actually removes all your stuff and puts it in a container with conditions intact). Only problem I can see there is I'd have to find a way to then sort all of the items in the container into seperate containers including current condition. Figure one thing out and it just leads to something even worse :o Of course, this also adds another problem because I've got multiple choices for sorting (sort all, sort only clutter, sort only weapons, etc), so the RemoveAllItems functions doesn't actually help me much there.

Guess FormLists aren't the way to go for something like this. Back to doing it the longwinded way...

Hey, I've gat a fairly stupid sounding question which I hope'll have a simple answer.

I've always been a bit more into The Elder Scrolls than Fallout... but I got sick of seeing all the cool user made FO3 mods which were reliant on content I didn't have. So I finally made myself go to the effort of dling all three official DLCs.

Now for my issue:

The whole download process was automated, so I have no clue as to where the files were placed. Furthermore, I'm getting no .esps or .esms added to my mod list- I don't even know what name to look for (if they start with "DLC" like on Oblivion, they're definately not there).

I had read in the past that the official DLCs, by default, can only be used while GFWL is running. I had also read that FOSE and GFWL are incompatable.

Supposedly by taking the DLC data files and placing them under the "Fallout 3\Data" folder along with all the other mod data, this issue is remedied.

Now, if I can just figure out where the damned files dled to... :confused:

I had read in another article that the DLC data is located in the "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\DLC" folder. However there is no such folder on my pc... unless it's hidden...

(FYI, I'm no stranger to mods and modding, so I'm not accustomed to having difficulties like this. Though I haven't had nearly as much modding experience with FO3 as I have with TES games.)

Assistance would be most appreciated. :)

EDIT:

Nevermind. ;D

I did a little digging and it turns out they are in a hidden folder. (Though not at the location I had stated above, that would be on an XP pc.)