Worst DRM Ever - possibly

Varus Torvyn

I don't like Atari's "if it's a legitimate request". They can very well rule that a person desiring to simply upgrade their graphics card is not a good enough reason to warrant issuing a new activation code, even though it is a valid hardware upgrade.

Exactly, by what measure do they judge the paying customer worthy of more chances or not, infact they may see it best to deny simply to attempt more sales.

I think this limited installs nonsense is more about killing of the used games market than it is about piracy, not being able to sell the game on is another good reason not to buy it in the first place.

Stupid DRM doesn't stop the pirates (slows them down maybe a day or two, TOPS) - and makes life a misery for legit users.

I hear EA has dumped plans to use this god-awful system too (yes, that's right, you read that right... EA doing something smart o.O )

• 2 weeks later...
I think the DRM thing is awfully troublesome on the developers too, since the customer support lines will be more populated with people complaining about DRM issues, an abundant one at that, while otherwise it'd probably just be about minor things like bugs or some crap.

Archived