429 error for downloading mods or installing collections.

RevanCathal
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Since starting up today, I have noticed an inability to install collections. After a few mods from the collection get installed, I start getting "Failed to install dependency" for all mods from that point on. It also kills my ability to download individual mods, also giving me a 429 error code. And when I close Vortex and open it back up, I get "Failed to get list of tracked mods".

Guest deleted34304850

it means a capacity issue - just try again. or use wabbajack or download the mods manually. there are always alternatives.

• Solution

It's a server response, to it'd happen from any application making the same web request.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/429

It sounds like you've used all of your API key requests for the given time period. If that is the case, you must've done an absolute tonne of downloading in a 24hr period.

https://help.nexusmods.com/article/105-i-have-reached-a-daily-or-hourly-limit-api-requests-have-been-consumed-rate-limit-exceeded-what-does-this-mean

• 1 year later...

I had to download a large collection three times due to issues with a new-build pc, and the third request was denied with the error code 429. I didn't know downloads were capped, even for premium users; I  pay for a subscription to avoid having to sit for hours downloading 1300 mods by hand. It seems a bit self-defeating to have such large modlists if there's a cap on downloads; people are always going to have hardware or connection issues, and it's usually easier to start again. I was hoping to get an hour of actual gaming in tonight. :(

• Like 2