make CORN fields

masterpoe

corn needs to be created !

want to be able to feed chickens grain by hand

the danger of seeing corn leaves being moved as something heads your way

thru the corn field would be fantastic

unfortunately all players "move through" Objects...

like dragon bones -> supposed to be real strong yet

everyone passes right thru them as if they are a ghost

I think Skyrim would be too cold for corn to grow, to be honest. Even the southern regions are too dry and rocky I would say. But hey, someone who disagrees with me may end up working on it.

But no, what I'm posting about is your other issue. Here's a mod that actually makes dead bodies, including dragons, collision enabled - you can't just walk through them anymore, both you and NPCs have to go around. One thing I will mention is if you use the Dragon Combat Overhaul - or, really, anything that edits dragons beyond basic textures. These kinds of mods exacerbate vanilla "dead body drop" bugs. The type of thing where a dragon you killed in the Reach ends up dropping out of the sky on top of you while walking into Solitude. And with dead body collisions, NPCs will have a hard time going about their daily business with a ruddy dragon corpse sitting in the middle of the street. If it happens just bring up the console, click on the dragon corpse, and type "disable" and then "mark for delete" (without the quotes). That should both remove the corpse and stop it from dropping in on you again in the future.

If the game is recreating a Dark Ages Northern European feel, corn did not exist in Europe until it was brought from the Americas by explorers in the late 15th and early 16th Century.

Corn was in Oblivion. I don't think Bethesda is trying to make it exactly linked to Dark Ages Europe. There are plenty of "New World" items in Skyrim/Oblivion such as also Tomatoes, Arrowroot, Potatoes, Oranges, Pumpkins, Tobacco, Wild Rice, and Strawberries. Look up Columbian Exchange for more things.

Edited by MostlyMuggie

If the game is recreating a Dark Ages Northern European feel, corn did not exist in Europe until it was brought from the Americas by explorers in the late 15th and early 16th Century.

Corn was in Oblivion. I don't think Bethesda is trying to make it exactly linked to Dark Ages Europe. There are plenty of "New World" items in Skyrim/Oblivion such as also Tomatoes, Arrowroot, Potatoes, Oranges, Pumpkins, Tobacco, Wild Rice, and Strawberries. Look up Columbian Exchange for more things.

Oblivion was in Cyrodiil, and Cyrodiil is simultaneously a lot more civilized and a lot warmer than Skyrim. Just because corn was in Oblivion doesn't mean it works in Skyrim's climate or setting.

That said, it just comes down to whether a modder makes it.

Oblivion was in Cyrodiil, and Cyrodiil is simultaneously a lot more civilized and a lot warmer than Skyrim. Just because corn was in Oblivion doesn't mean it works in Skyrim's climate or setting.

That said, it just comes down to whether a modder makes it.

Wasn't saying it should be in Skyrim for climate reasons, just saying that Bethesda doesn't care about Columbian Exchange, like the person I quoted seems to think. Seems like you stopped reading after "Corn was in Oblivion."

Edited by MostlyMuggie

it would also be pretty nice if you could further process the corn, for example by grinding cornmeal or distilling whiskey. after all in the u.s. at least, the majority of corn is field corn, i.e. grown for such purposes and not for direct consumption like potatoes in skyrim

Edited by axfvh