Which are your five best games you ever played?

Gabbemaster

Hmmmm let me think.

1) Enemy Zero (4 disc game on the Sega Saturn terrified me when i was little but way ahead of its time.)

2) Final Fantasy 7 (just love the story line and the gameplay.)

3) Morrowind (Of course)

4) Resident Evil (But only the Sega Saturn version it had more gore and also had the battle mode when you completed the game.)

5) Sonic (Just has to be, great classic. First played it when i was 3 lol)

Freespace 2 (and for that matter, 1, for its time) is excellent graphically and gameplay wise, but too linear for my tastes. Are there any FPS/Space/Flight games that are not single-plotline? Don't bother saying Escape Velocity, since I have a PC!

It can't be done. If you want quality missions, you have to have a linear storyline. If you want a true dynamic campaign, you're limited to things like "there are 10 enemy fighters, kill them". None of the pilot interaction, scripted events, etc.

I found Freelancer fun, it was non-linear to a degree, but as Peregrine describes, largely contained missions of the "Go out and kill some rogue pirates", "Go find this rogue pirate", "Go get cargo from this rogue pirate" style missions.

What kept most entertained was the large universe and lots of things to explore, aswell as quite gorgeous space scenes and some nice ships.

And it gets especially bad when it's so obviously a list of 4 different mission descriptions/scripts, just with the names changed every time. You'd think they could be a bit more creative than that...

That made freelancer completely unplayable. I didn't even get out of the first part of the story before giving up on it, since it had so much boredom to dig through to get to the decent parts.

That made freelancer completely unplayable. I didn't even get out of the first part of the story before giving up on it, since it had so much boredom to dig through to get to the decent parts.

Well, atleast you had some nice scenery and turrent fire to keep you entertained while you came in and out of missions...

...of course missions weren't the only source of income - could always have done some trading instead.

X2: The Threat was meant to be the answer to Freelancer -- controlling a whole armada of ships as well as production factories and huge capital ships over 2KM in size. Unfortunately it just didn't deliver. To start with, the graphics were awful in my opinion. Everything was shiney or circular.

The factory system was bugged where by Solar Power Plants produced twice as much profit as any other factory, making them obsolete.

And it really was a bore having to go from one side of the galaxy to another, just to complete a quest.

Don't get me started on the voice acting.

Anyone else played X2?

FIVE!? I can't just post five games! I've played too many to just restrict myselft to five!

Ok, fine. My favorite five videogames:

Perfect Dark (N64) - Uncontested #1, I haven't played or enjoyed any game as much or as long as this one. It is the best FPS I have ever played. Great gameplay, incredibly fun multiplayer, and a good, gripping storyline. It is also the only game that can consistently get me to laugh like a maniac while gunning down people. (Note: have never played Half Life, or Halo).

Metal Gear Solid (the series) (PS, and PS2) - I played the first one at a friend's house. Then he bought and let me borrow (for two months, he's a generous guy) the second one. It was a lot better than the first one, despite what other people may say. Two days after it came out I got my hands on MGS3, and it is the best of all! The Metal Gear Solid series is known for its 'Tactical Espionage Action' (stealth-based gameplay), and the fact that the games are very plot-driven. Essentially MGS is like an interactive movie, without crossing that dangerous line (for those unfamiliar with video-game history, interactive movies tend to suck). Serioulsly, this is a game in which I never really want to skip the cutscenes, it would be like skipping all the dialogue in a movie and just looking at the action scenes.

Baldur's Gater II: Shadows of Amn, and Throne of Bhaal (expanison) (PC) - Awsome game, lots of fun, great storyline, funny dialogue all over the place. It also introduced me to RPGs.

Ace Combat 4 (PS2) - This really should be 4&5, but I haven't played 5 yet, so the spot goes unshared. This is a great flight combat game. It gets the balance between an arcade game and a flight sim just right. The missions are very big and epic, and dispite the fact that you pretty much are the entire ISAF armed forces in terms of actually getting things done, it really is a great feeling to see the large ground and air forces of both your allies and your enemies duke it out on the battlefield. The storyline is incredibly great, which is unusual in combat flight games.

Red Alert (PC) - The first real videogame I ever owned. After playing it at the house of one of my father's friends (his son had it on his PC), I got my father to buy it and played it continously untill I lost it :bye: . (Note: I get the nagging feeling that it wouldn't have scored that high if I hadn't lost it). I loved the storyline. Plus Tanya is the singular reason why I love characters that relish combat, particularly those that laugh like maniacs while fighting.

Honorable mentions (in no particular order):

Operation Flashpoint (PC)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

Railroad Tycoon 3 (PC)

Total War Series (PC)

StarFox 64 (N64)

Morrowind (PC)

Freespace, and Freespace: Silent Threat (PC) [Peregrine, where can I get FS2?]

Tachyon: The Fringe (PC)

BattleTanx: Global Assault (N64)

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (PS2)

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC) - The sniper city and following tank missions are worth the price of admission all by themsleves!

Medal of Honor: Frontline (PC)

Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

Archived