Can't install Official Oblivion Patch and game started crashing.

JMurphy87

As the title states I installed Wrye Bash and a grass overhaul mod. I also, tried to install Official Oblivion Patch. The patch gives me an error along the lines "Patch warning: Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." Net result... the game crashes at startup consistently. What could be causing this?

Edited by JMurphy87

If your game is from Steam, or another digital distributor, there's a good chance the Official Patches won't work for you.

There's also a high chance your current game version already is the highest, v1.2.0416, and there's no newer patch.

If your game crashes consistently during the logo screens, it's a known signal you got missing master files somewhere. Check your load order or post it here, so others might have a chance to see a mistake.

Try installing one mod in a time, revert to when the game did work, try by loading it, install one mod, try it again.

Sometimes I have seen Wrye Bash skipping some files. Why? I do not know. It has a TAB in the Install mod section called Skipped, so check the mods, check that tab. If it is so that some files or a file shows up there, you might need to install it manually.

Edited by Pellape