New Fallout Game

genovauk

Description from megagames.

During its London showcase, Bethesda announced a new Fallout game. Titled Fallout: New Vegas, the game will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC next year.

"It's not a sequel to Fallout 3, it's just another game in the universe, and it has no impact whatsoever on whatever Todd Howard and his team are working on," said Pete Hines, Bethesda's vice president in charge of public relations and marketing.

"We approached Obsidian and they were, like, yeah. That was a pretty easy conversation. It's not Fallout Tactics, it's not Brotherhood of Steel; it's another RPG."

Obsidian are after gathered of many members of Black Isles, whom made the orginal Fallout series.

^ This would be sort of like having the guys at Petroglyph hired by EA to do a new C&C game, or Garage Games by "The company formerly known as Vivendi" to make a new Tribes or Earthsiege game.

What bothers me is that the deadline is next year. I have certain doubts about the ability of any company to put together an entire game in a year without leaving major bugs and rushing the story. If memory serves, deadline issues negatively affected another RPG Obsidian developed... hopefully, that won't be a problem with Bethesda.

I hope they put back the original effects of Intelligence from FO1. While it was true that someone with 1 Intelligence would probably be too stupid to survive in the wasteland for long, it was quite disappointing that my intelligence had no effect on conversation.

• 3 weeks later...
I think Bethesda will be hard pushed to release two full-size games in a year. Although they might have been working on then both for a while, so maybe they'll manage in without any major bugs.

Archived