Sim Settlements

draytalon

Hey guys I need some sort of input here. I have been downloading various mods for my game and I like the King garth Sim Settlement idea of the game so I am willing to try it out. Do I need the 1st Sim Settlement, or can I just install the newer Sim2 ones

I haven't played either extensively, but they are two separate mods. The first is more bare bones and has most if not all the systems for building in place as soon as you install it. The second is more story driven and the building systems unlock as the story progresses. Both are great, it just depends on if you want the story content included or not.

Ok thanks for the help guys, also because i am new to modding the game, i am somewhat confused on certain things. I download mods from Nexus, look at the requirements and add whatever is needed, kinda straight forward with that. Now when i look for a certain mod its not on Nexus, yet i can download it through the game itself, if i add mods through the game and have mods running via Nexus, will this cause a conflict? I do know that some mods require the CCC aspect to work, so i dont download those till i can buy the pack.

Appreciate the help

Using mods from the free in-game mod menu (Bethesda.net) along with mods from Nexus can cause some issues if you are not careful. Mainly because the in-game mod menu and your mod manager use different methods to keep track of mods and can't really "see" each other.

Two good ways to avoid the issue: First, if you see a mod you like in the in-game mod menu check to see if it is also available through the Nexus and use that version instead.

Second, if you are using Vortex, Pickysaurus made an extension for it that can import mods from Bethesda.net and allow Vortex to have full control of them.

@showler, yes i do use Vortex, secondly i cannot find the mods that are in game on Nexus IE from in game, Fallout 4 Reloaded Nuka-World, but on nexus i cannot see it. I have just updated my Vortex, will have to look into the extension.

Thanks for the info

• 2 months later...

Follow up on my SS2, what kind of PC specs do you need to run these mods. I was plodding along fairly well, but when Sanctuary or any other settlements start to grow, i get severe lag when i go to that settlement, then the game resets back to my desktop. My specs

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT 8 Core Processor (16 CPU's~3.9GHz)

Memory 8GB

I can play the whole game without SS2 without issue's, so i have narrowed it down to these mods. On another note, i lowered my graphics to low to see if that helped, but still lags and resets.

Kinda what i thought, will have to invest in 16GB or even 32GB

It's your memory. Mods like that eat system memory like candy.

Boosting up your windows swap file can help a lot, but more system RAM would be the better choice.

Kinda thought it would be memory, looks like i have to sweet talk the wife into letting me upgrade again.