⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Mod Censorship

nezmith

Mods are designed to allow people to customize a game to their liking. As mods are typically designed for single-player games, that means virtually nobody else on earth knows how a given person is playing a game. So why do we censor mods that otherwise don't affect anyone? It's simple: there are people in positions of power that enjoy controlling what other people think. They believe that by silencing people they don't like they have made those people go away. Instead, they have only radicalized those people further and divided this website amongst itself. Unable to learn from their failed policies which are in the very process of destroying western civilization, and consequently themselves (which may, after all, be to their liking), they still insist on censoring and bullying to enforce their degenerate ideology.

So why do we put up with it? When is enough enough? Why haven't every single one of these content curators been fired and banned from ever working on this site again, when it's clear they are destroying the site?

Can anyone give me one good reason why the human race should devolve into walking tape recorders for megacorporations and corrupt politicians? Having no breadth of thought greater than the current intentionally-divisive political agenda?

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is in response to the banning of flag replacers in the new Spiderman game.

And before you say it, yes, I'm a homophobe, a transphobe, a xenophobe, a racist, a sexist, a bigot, a nazi, a fascist, alt-right, and otherwise 'big bad enemy'. I've heard it all before, and I don't care.

Mods are designed to allow people to customize a game to their liking. As mods are typically designed for single-player games, that means virtually nobody else on earth knows how a given person is playing a game. So why do we censor mods that otherwise don't affect anyone? It's simple: there are people in positions of power that enjoy controlling what other people think. They believe that by silencing people they don't like they have made those people go away. Instead, they have only radicalized those people further and divided this website amongst itself. Unable to learn from their failed policies which are in the very process of destroying western civilization, and consequently themselves (which may, after all, be to their liking), they still insist on censoring and bullying to enforce their degenerate ideology.

So why do we put up with it? When is enough enough? Why haven't every single one of these content curators been fired and banned from ever working on this site again, when it's clear they are destroying the site?

Can anyone give me one good reason why the human race should devolve into walking tape recorders for megacorporations and corrupt politicians? Having no breadth of thought greater than the current intentionally-divisive political agenda?

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is in response to the banning of flag replacers in the new Spiderman game.

And before you say it, yes, I'm a homophobe, a transphobe, a xenophobe, a racist, a sexist, a bigot, a nazi, a fascist, alt-right, and otherwise 'big bad enemy'. I've heard it all before, and I don't care.

Taking a quick look through the last 2 or so pages of bans, so many of it is summed up with 'had an opinion I didn't like.'

Nexus mods is f*#@ed, man. Such a shame.

Yup, I'm replying to what threads I can to show my distaste since it didn't ask why I was canceling my subscription, it because of the censorship. I am also gay, which I guess means I have to support some ugly ass flag others can claim to represent me, your post is correct I grow more "radicalized" by the day.

We reserve the right to host, or not host, whatever content we want on our own site. We do not want to host mods that remove a Pride flag from a video game. If that upsets you enough that you no longer want to use our site then, quite frankly, your presence here will not be missed. I invite you to use the "Delete account" feature in your account settings page.

Publicly discussing moderation policy is not allowed as per our Terms of Service, which also provides you the contact email you can send your feedback to. As such, I will now lock this thread.

Have a great day.