Enhanced Weather - Rain -WIP-

skingrad24

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the first version is uploaded I 'mthinking of improvements for the version 2, I haven't even started it, just throwing out ideas

What am I doing for the next release: add a sneak bonus when there's a storm, add cloudy not rainy weather, change the light rain weather to be much more different from heavy rain, add snowy weather, add progressive rain (less rain when it starts, getting more and more until be stable, and getting less and less when it's stopping), add rain sounds in interiors, make higher res textures, make the pitch black nights version better.

You can ask for something to be added but you have to read the following lines before posting

What you can ask for:

1) something doable

2) something that doesn't cause incompatibilities

3) something that doesn't need too work to be done

What you cannot ask for:

1) the fix for the horizontal rain bug until you have a solution for this, if you have it, your help will be very appreciated and I will gladly fix it and give you credits and kudos for it

2) collision for the rain, it can maybe be done, but it will surely make lag or CTDs

3) other too hard to do, FPS-killer effects like "everything gets wet", "actors try to find cover when it's raining", "splash effects on ground or on water"

Any cells? Or just certain ones? The only time it was nearly too dark to see what was going on was during heavy rain inside the plaza of Paradise Falls. Everywhere else I've had rain has been fine.

It was in interior city areas, that don't connect to the overall wasteland, and in the Citadel Bailey. As it turns out it was an issue with HDR. The original version works fine with HDR, but if you turn it off and only use bloom you pretty much HAVE to use the no darker nights version, or you get the problem I mentioned. Fortunately HDR seems to be working better for me now (just downloaded new video drivers).

Also, since you're talking about it, any chance of having rain fall at angles during heavy rain for version 2?

Any cells? Or just certain ones? The only time it was nearly too dark to see what was going on was during heavy rain inside the plaza of Paradise Falls. Everywhere else I've had rain has been fine.

It was in interior city areas, that don't connect to the overall wasteland, and in the Citadel Bailey. As it turns out it was an issue with HDR. The original version works fine with HDR, but if you turn it off and only use bloom you pretty much HAVE to use the no darker nights version, or you get the problem I mentioned. Fortunately HDR seems to be working better for me now (just downloaded new video drivers).

Also, since you're talking about it, any chance of having rain fall at angles during heavy rain for version 2?

This should be wasy to do as I have only to change a number in the nif

IMPORTANT: I am now working on version 1.1 and I will probably release it very soon, that should feature

1)Rewritten to use scripted weather changes instead of Game Engine ones, now rain and sun will alternate better, the period the rain or the sun lasts is randomized and it can be between 2 hour and 2 days for the rain and 4 hours and four days for the non rain weather,.

STATE: DONE

2)Removed incompatibilities with other mods, now it doesn't change any vanilla game setting.

3)Rain applied to all worlds from vanilla, expansions and mods

STATE: Done

4)Fixed Radioactive rain bug

STATE: Beta testing

5)Added radiation bar to Radioactive Rain plugin

6)Made textures higher res for rain and better for clouds

7)Made pitch black nights better

STATE: not started yet

8)Increased number of raindrops to fit the new rain texture.

9)Made Light Rain weather "lighter"

That's sounding good, can't wait to test the new version. :thumbsup:

That's sounding good, can't wait to test the new version. :thumbsup:

Seconded, can't wait either :D

Then this is something to test, the new radioactive rain plugin, thank you in advance

EDIT:I found a bug, working on it