Roomiez Rantz

StormWolf01

So it seems like a lot of people are angry right now. I can speak personally and say that I'm not the happiest camper on the campgrounds.

So I figured, instead of all of us taking it out on each other, how about we vent about something else. Something that affects a major portion of our lives, and even in the most perfect of situations, can get on our nerves.

Something that... hopefully... is NOT political (PLEASE!!)

So. Here's my starter.

My roomate has been hogging the washer/dryer, ALL DAY today. She FINALLY gets her last load shifted over to the dryer (It's now 6:00 PM where I live) and the ***** doesn't even put my clothes, that are sitting on top of the dryer, into the washer, so that they can get started up too!

You of all people should know the story of the two wolves. That some people believe are always fighting to be in control of one persons body. Which wolf wins?

The one we feed.

Fortunately, my "roomie" is usually pretty easy to get along with. She can be rather OCD at times, and that HAS led to some stellar arguments.... she will fixate on something, and pester me about it ENDLESSLY, even after I request MANY times that she just drop it. (and it's something stupid, like, am I going to take a shower tonight.....) Even when I point out to her, exactly what she is doing.... a few minutes later, she is right back at it. That has led me to blowing my stack more than once.... something I REALLY don't like doing, but, it seems to be the ONLY way to get her to stop.

We've been together 18 years though. :) So, it's all good. :D

You of all people should know the story of the two wolves. That some people believe are always fighting to be in control of one persons body. Which wolf wins?

The one we feed.

Pagafyr! It's been a while! I hope that you are well, friend?

But yes, I'm familiar with that one. It's from an old Native American tale.... Possibly Cherokee?

The really funny part, is that when I had my old account here years back, my screen name was DarkeWolf. :D :D

(had to add the E, it was already taken otherwise :( )

HY: OCD. Yep. I know that one. My roomie is a neat freak to the point that if I go to cook some ramen in the microwave, and I miss one, absolutely minute SPECK of dust from that flavor packet.... OMG I Hear about being an absolutely filthy pig for hours..... :dry:

The one we feed.

Pagafyr! It's been a while! I hope that you are well, friend?

But yes, I'm familiar with that one. It's from an old Native American tale.... Possibly Cherokee?

The really funny part, is that when I had my old account here years back, my screen name was DarkeWolf. :D :D

(had to add the E, it was already taken otherwise :sad: )

HY: OCD. Yep. I know that one. My roomie is a neat freak to the point that if I go to cook some ramen in the microwave, and I miss one, absolutely minute SPECK of dust from that flavor packet.... OMG I Hear about being an absolutely filthy pig for hours..... :dry:

I've become a museum hopper. I visited the Museum of the Rockies last as they have been exhibiting the Apsaalooke members (whites called the Crow Indians). Before that I went to Glendive Montana's museum which is managed by a people who live by creationism and have a splendid display of dinosaurs; that the bones of were gathered from near there in Montana.

I have been to so many of the Montana museums that have dinosaurs on display that I forgot why I started going to museums in the first place. It was the exhibition of the 1969 Astronauts at the Museum of the Rockies fulfilled my childhood dream of seeing the actual insides of the space vehicles they lived in while on the Moon.

I have fallen under the spell of museum hopping now so much I barely remembered that I was interested in finding out how to get on an Archaeology dig. That was my main reason and I was looking into studying it as one of my bucket list. I kept forgetting while I spent hours in awe of the giants. The Museum of the Rockies now has 3 complete T-Rex up on display. And Mr. John (Jack) Horn realized after they were acquired, T-Rex can't run like in the movies he was helping make, Jurassic Park.

They are more like a chicken, that bows down to pick at what is down on the ground. You could easily step out of their way if you found yourself in their shadow. Of course it would be kind of hard to miss those big feet near you if they got close enough to bob for a human.

The museum in Glendive has a T-Rex's head and shoulders sticking out of the wall outside the main entrance. They also have a preserved copy of a scroll and it's huge. Of the Quran. A whole room devoted to the wisdom of creationism instead of trying to convince people of species authenticity when in fact no one knows what the fauna were like in real life, so they are just demonstrating with displays how they lived. Like the river swimming bunch as their starting passage views. Huge creatures. Some like snakes with Teeth Dracula might be wary of.

Museums can definitely be a lot of fun. Historical and nature related especially.

I know the first time I went to the Museum of Natural History in NY when I was a teen, I was totally blown away!

Hmmm. Like chickens.

That's sparking some interesting thoughts.

I will go ahead and say tho, that the roosters we had on the farm were pretty fast runners. Like, my sister couldnt outrun one of them when it'd chase her til she was 10 or 11.

Second thought... so maybe the tail was used more like Kangaroos do? To help prop them up with the rake rake rake then kick, attack?

Recently Mr. Horn received 3 full collections of bones of full grown T-Rexs from Montana land owners who had hopes of selling them for a lot of money. They donated them to the museum.

What really got my attention was the T-Rex Thanksgiving cartoons where a Turkey is standing up to a couple of hunters and pointing behind himself and introducing them to his cousin. In the next frame there was T-Rex grinning through all those teeth ear to ear at the hunters.

Oh! I know all about chickens. I wasn't even 4 yet and I became the big hit of the day. All the neighbors on the block we lived joined in and purchased a whole truckload of chickens one of the colonies were selling. I was priviledged to have one whose body slipped off the chopping block. It lost it's head, but landed on its legs. It's claws dug in running and seemed to be coming right for me. I even dove around behind the fifty gallon drum that was used for warming up, on that frosty Autumn day. It followed me right around the barrel as if it could see me.

I believe I ran faster than any chicken could have that afternoon.

aaaaaaahahahahaha. That story about the chicken really cracked me up. Thank you for a really good laugh. The mental image was hillarious!

You know first hand, where the phrase "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" comes from ;)

As a child tho, I can imagine that it would be quite the scare!

Another rant. She nags me every, every single time that I might leave the house (even just to step out for a smoke....which I have to hear an earful about as well) in regards to not locking the door when I go.

Both of them, left for work today, so when I woke up, I was the only one here at the house.

I go downstairs, to raid the fridge, walk into the kitchen, and what awaits?

The back door is WIDE OPEN, and the screen door is unlocked. :dry:

I swear.

Have any of y'all ever had a room-mate that you just wanted to go to the pet store, buy up a dozen or so pet mice, and just let all of them loose in that person's bedsheets??

aaaaaaahahahahaha. That story about the chicken really cracked me up. Thank you for a really good laugh. The mental image was hillarious!

You know first hand, where the phrase "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" comes from :wink:

Another rant. She nags me every, every single time that I might leave the house (even just to step out for a smoke....which I have to hear an earful about as well) in regards to not locking the door when I go.

Both of them, left for work today, so when I woke up, I was the only one here at the house.

I swear.

Have any of y'all ever had a room-mate that you just wanted to go to the pet store, buy up a dozen or so pet mice, and just let all of them loose in that person's bedsheets??

That's EEevvilllll. (can I borrow that idea? :) )

I live out in the sticks, I don't think I have locked my door in ten years...... :D

Ok, maybe for a couple days, after the folks escaped from prison, and were reported in the area..... (kept my guns loaded, and handy as well.)

You know first hand, where the phrase "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" comes from :wink:

I swear.

That's EEevvilllll. (can I borrow that idea? :smile: )

I live out in the sticks, I don't think I have locked my door in ten years...... :D

Ok, maybe for a couple days, after the folks escaped from prison, and were reported in the area..... (kept my guns loaded, and handy as well.)

Of course you can! But.

If you record the shrieks, you gotta share ;)

Yeah, I miss living out in the country. Miss it a hell of a lot.

PSssshhhhh! I can't even buy a BB gun here in NJ :mad: