Unofficial Fall out 4 patch in VR missing Masters

PAiNKiLLER1968dc

Just got fall out 4 vr and added some mods with vortex... I cant get the Unofficial Fall Out 4 patch to work it says missing masters.

Now from research I see this is because I dont have the DLC.

So my question is can I buy the DLC even though I only own the VR version of this game and also will this resolve the missing masters problem?

Edited by PAiNKiLLER1968dc

Ok, so I did some digging into this. And apparently, I'm using a different web search engine than HY.

You can't download the DLC directly thru VR. But. Once you purchase the DLC and download it through the main game, you can actually just copy and paste it from your main game Fallout 4/Data Folder and then paste it into your Fallout4 VR/Data folder. Just like if you were manually copying mod files into your data folder.

However, JUST LIKE manually installing mods, you now also have to Manually Update your Plugins.txt file for VR. Which, according to the video I watched is NOT located in the same place as the Fallout 4 plugins.txt location.

Here's the vid.

Now. However.

In this search I also found lots and lots of posts in regards to buggy arseded sheet in regards to the DLC, so you may have to hunt down a lot more patches, aside from just Unofficial patch, IF you decide to install the DLC on VR.

Can't say much beyond that, I don't have a VR rig......

But, good luck! Happy Gaming!

Ok, so I did some digging into this. And apparently, I'm using a different web search engine than HY.

You can't download the DLC directly thru VR. But. Once you purchase the DLC and download it through the main game, you can actually just copy and paste it from your main game Fallout 4/Data Folder and then paste it into your Fallout4 VR/Data folder. Just like if you were manually copying mod files into your data folder.

However, JUST LIKE manually installing mods, you now also have to Manually Update your Plugins.txt file for VR. Which, according to the video I watched is NOT located in the same place as the Fallout 4 plugins.txt location.

Here's the vid.

Now. However.

In this search I also found lots and lots of posts in regards to buggy arseded sheet in regards to the DLC, so you may have to hunt down a lot more patches, aside from just Unofficial patch, IF you decide to install the DLC on VR.

Can't say much beyond that, I don't have a VR rig......

But, good luck! Happy Gaming!

Thanks a lot for this much appreciated..

When I clicked on the plugins section of Vortex and cleared the filter it came up with all of the DLC which was all disabled. (I am new to this and to be honest I didnt even know the plugins section existed.) I enabled all of the DLC and now I dont get the error of missing masters anymore.

Yeah I hear you about bugs in the mods for Fallout VR... My hands seem to hold the guns at weird and different angles than the vanilla version, and when I switch to Left hand in the options my gun is upside down lol

But yeah all good

Thanks again

Heyas Painkiller!

Not a problem, I'm glad to be able to help :)

I dun't know a whole lot about the VR, since I dont have a rig. But what you're talking about, with holding items is a location placement problem. The 1st person hands are positioned differently in VR than they are in the standard version. You can find patches for that, for vanilla weaps, and for some of the mod weapons.

If you see a mod weapon that you like, you can always politely ask one of the modders that does those patches, to see if they would be interested in changing the coordinates of the weapon that you like. The worst thing that could happen is that they say no.

And.

I'd been on a thread about this, and I double checked it with the staff. The site does indeed make permissions Exceptions, for VR position fix. So modders are free to do that, if permissions are required. As long as they don't alter anything else about the mod. Then permissions are needed to release the other changes.