Sites are mind numbingly slow

mechatech

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you not remove that 'cloud' from the Skyrim Nexus? Use another game to test it? Seems like the Skyrim Nexus would get the most traffic, and it being down/not working is bugging a lot of people, not just me I assume.

I believe I read the longer answer elsewhere, and it was something like wanting to test the biggest and busiest on it before dumping ALL the traffic on it... if they'd tested the smaller sites, it may not have collapsed under the load skyrim alone would put on it, and then throwing skyrim on would have the possibility of tearing down ALL the sites instead of just one.

If it ends up being stable with Skyrim, it can be expected to hold up to the load of the other sites fairly well.

It's truly the lesser of two evils.

Mine either loads the background of the Dovahkiin about to Fus-Ro-Dah some poor saps face off and then freezes, otherwise it loads for about 10 minutes and then gives me a 504 timeout error. Heck I was able to watch 3 episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus and it still didn't load. At least its being worked on.

Edited by Can1sMajor

All is good now. :yes:

#nope

Skyrim Nexus is still not want to load.

Have you tried a Hard-refresh (F5)? If that doesn't work, clear recent history (Cookies and Cache), and try again.

All is good now. :yes:

#nope

Skyrim Nexus is still not want to load.

Have you tried a Hard-refresh (F5)? If that doesn't work, clear recent history (Cookies and Cache), and try again.

Tried that. It didn't work... now I'm not sure if its the Nexus that's bugged or my computer.

If it's STILL not working for you and wasn't just a momentary bit of downtime for you then something is wrong as the sites have been up all night. You know that because no one is here complaining about the sites!